Adjustable Seat Posts

loc81

Likes Dirt
Well after some fizzer experiences with a past Reverb, I've tried to look into this dropper post cable as much as possible for my next buy. Some brands seem better than others, but all have their horror stories even after so many years of refinement!
I ended up ordering today a KS Lev Intergra with the under-bar lever. I was also looking at the new Fox Transfer post, but being early days, all I can read about it is short term reviews than stink a little of "we've been given a free product to use!".
The KS got over the line mostly due to a 2 year warranty and how prompt and helpful Nerf Herder (Al?) has been on here with everyone's issues and questions. It's that kind of personal help that matters to me when parting ways with wads of cash!
All going to plan I'll have it on by weeks end.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Well after some fizzer experiences with a past Reverb, I've tried to look into this dropper post cable as much as possible for my next buy. Some brands seem better than others, but all have their horror stories even after so many years of refinement!
I ended up ordering today a KS Lev Intergra with the under-bar lever. I was also looking at the new Fox Transfer post, but being early days, all I can read about it is short term reviews than stink a little of "we've been given a free product to use!".
The KS got over the line mostly due to a 2 year warranty and how prompt and helpful Nerf Herder (Al?) has been on here with everyone's issues and questions. It's that kind of personal help that matters to me when parting ways with wads of cash!
All going to plan I'll have it on by weeks end.
Good choice.... both KS posts and Al are tops. I've had 2 KS, a dropzone and now a Lev integra. Never had a minutes trouble with either. The reverb I had in between shat itself 3 times in 3 months......
I've dealth with Pushies a couple of times, and never had any issues with customer service. You wont regret your purchase.

scblack

Leucocholic
Good choice.... both KS posts and Al are tops. I've had 2 KS, a dropzone and now a Lev integra. Never had a minutes trouble with either. The reverb I had in between shat itself 3 times in 3 months......
I've dealth with Pushies a couple of times, and never had any issues with customer service. You wont regret your purchase.
I back that up too. Al and his little team are great.

DeBloot

Feeling old
I've got a KS Lev that I bought from Chopsticks
Now there's a blast from the past!

Al at Pushie is the best to deal with
I upgraded to a black shaft because they look longer and girls like them
Al fixed it up to like new under warranty and gave me a good price on my shaft to boot

It has run faultless ever since and with the southpaw remote i use it constantly
Best thing I've done for my bike

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Maintenance question

To lube or not to lube?

If so, who uses what and what have they found works best on their posts?

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
lube on post.... i concur with the king....
then again may be we should get the opinion of a expert in this field......pink poodle are you there

Ivan

Eats Squid
I just ordered A DeHy from BikeYoke to convert my Reverb, so I'll report back when I get it. With the discount and the euro conversion it turned out a bit cheaper than I expected.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I just ordered A DeHy from BikeYoke to convert my Reverb, so I'll report back when I get it. With the discount and the euro conversion it turned out a bit cheaper than I expected.
Nice ... A quick question ... Is the Reverb remote really a problem area that this is a big fix? ... Or is it more about convenience and maintenance routine?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
To lube or not to lube?

If so, who uses what and what have they found works best on their posts?
the trick is a very small amount, but applied more often ... Too much can cause problems too unfortunately ... Slicko liquifies nicely, which is good, but also flushes out sooner and more easily with water.

Never use thick, sticky lubes like the red finish line stuff or marine grease ... Clogs the bearings and affects both return speed and also max travel. Also tends to trap air in the mast and makes it spongey.

all of this applies to all posts really ... I have basic care instructions in a pdf if you want some hints ... Very basic stuff ... Feel free to email Pushie or find the KS section on our new website and you'll find service vids

Belated thanks for all the support peeps. Always appreciated.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hey Nerf, sorry if this has been asked before but what about Juice Lubes Fork Juice? Seems to go ok on my forks and shock but I've always wondered about using it on my reverb as well.
Cheers

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey Nerf, sorry if this has been asked before but what about Juice Lubes Fork Juice? Seems to go ok on my forks and shock but I've always wondered about using it on my reverb as well.
Cheers

I've used this stuff on every dropper I've had and it works great.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Im not familiar with the Juice products soz ... But if it's a high viscous, but non liquid lube then should be fine. As an eg, Judy butter is ok ... That's what was used in the early days I believe ... But it's just a little to thick IMO and needs to be blown out of the roller bearings more often. Probably better against water though ... So somethings g to consider if you ride in wet conditions or bike wash frequently. I'll give it a go next service, but I don't ride on wet trails often enough to need this.

Generally fork lubes are better then nothing ... Except if they are spray on Silicon based coatings. I'd shy away from those. They are designed to reduce friction by drying a coat onto the stanchion. Which is nice, but doesn't do anything to stop muck getting into the DU or internals IMO

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice ... A quick question ... Is the Reverb remote really a problem area that this is a big fix? ... Or is it more about convenience and maintenance routine?
It's ergonomics are shit. No where near as easy to use as a Southpaw or even the standard KS remote. Even with a RH lever mounted on the LH side under-bar, it's still not a natural position.

Bleeding the remote isn't that hard, but annoying. Same thing goes with RS forks with hydro remote lockouts, bleeding them is a PIA.

All I want is a Shimano dropper post that's Di2. In the meantime, going to wait for Bonty drop-line to come to Australia (should have come stock on my Remedy, but wasn't ready so I got a Reverb instead..). Looks mint and the cost is much cheaper than a Reverb or Lev.

Ivan

Eats Squid

My bike came equipped with the left hand lever on top of the bars, which sucks for ergonomics and I don't want to run it upside down on the right side either.
I also recently had a crash and found out how easy it is to break the barb on the lever. The barb was not easy to source, and after replacing the barb and shortening the hose, my lever needs a bleed. So I had the option of buying a bleed kit and persisting with the reverb remote, or going cable actuated with a nice lever.

The reverb remote is probably not a big issue if it's a left under bar remote, but if you dont't have that setup buying a new reverb remote is pretty expensive.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Im not familiar with the Juice products soz ... But if it's a high viscous, but non liquid lube then should be fine. As an eg, Judy butter is ok ... That's what was used in the early days I believe ... But it's just a little to thick IMO and needs to be blown out of the roller bearings more often. Probably better against water though ... So somethings g to consider if you ride in wet conditions or bike wash frequently. I'll give it a go next service, but I don't ride on wet trails often enough to need this.

Generally fork lubes are better then nothing ... Except if they are spray on Silicon based coatings. I'd shy away from those. They are designed to reduce friction by drying a coat onto the stanchion. Which is nice, but doesn't do anything to stop muck getting into the DU or internals IMO
Gday Nerf, I was, and I think yuley was also referring to the stanchion. What, if anything, would you recommend for that job?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Gday Nerf, I was, and I think yuley was also referring to the stanchion. What, if anything, would you recommend for that job?
Wkkie, pretty sure he understood, whack a generous smear of slicko under the collar, and it'll help keep the muck out of the internals, and lube the post every time you up down it. Slickolium apparently builds up a micro film over time, filling the pores of the metal.

#nickstevensisachunt