99 + 1 problems - my Dremel has died!

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
My faithful dremel has stopped working - I am totally devastated. Had it running for an extended period yesterday, grinding away a BB mount bash guard to fit it to my Blur. It simply shut itself down and has refused to restart. The digital speed readout still works but there's no movement from the electric motor.

Any suggestions/experience in getting it up and running?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
does it have replaceable motor brushes? show us a picture of it. as flow-rider has suggested, if you have an air compressor, a pneumatic die grinder rocks, makes a dremel look like a toy

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
does it have replaceable motor brushes? show us a picture of it. as flow-rider has suggested, if you have an air compressor, a pneumatic die grinder rocks, makes a dremel look like a toy
Good tip on the motor brushes - I'll have a look.

Failing that, a pneumatic die grinder sounds like a worthy addition to the shed. Dremels are a bit dainty for some bike- related work...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Good tip on the motor brushes - I'll have a look.

Failing that, a pneumatic die grinder sounds like a worthy addition to the shed. Dremels are a bit dainty for some bike- related work...
Yeah they work pretty hard to remove metal.

+2 for the pneumatic die grinder, I use one at work most days, its unkillable.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Yeah they work pretty hard to remove metal.

+2 for the pneumatic die grinder, I use one at work most days, its unkillable.
Need a high cfm compressor to run one, though. Your average Bunnings special won't cut it.