4X for vets?

Cranks

Squid
They call it Sports class here in WA. Its not only for vets but anyone who doesn't want to ride in elite. Unfortunately we get very low numbers at 4X race meets lately so Sports class ends up with junior ladies vets and novice riders all in the one class:(

Dagget

Squid
Though it looks like fun, all the big jumps are too scary for me .
I've been known to go OTB going uphill .... :p

Imagine my world of hurt on a 4x track .....

lol ....

ja_har

Likes Dirt
In NSW there is usually about 4-6, (sometimes more) vets/masters racing 4X most state races. I (age 39) used to do most races up until last year or so but racing less now the second bub arrived.
Hope to get back into it as the kids grow up a bit as it was great fun, especially the usual old guy's sledging the 'young fella's' (ie 30-35yo's) and trying to teach young dogs new tricks (but usually getting spanked).
Be warned though, there's some damn fast old guys lurking around (just not me...)

Last edited:

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are the any 4x tracks in Sydney cause i wouldnt mind giving it a go and possible even racing once.

I am doing my first DH race this sundayso that should be fun

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I don't know of any 4x racing in Victoria. I have seen some BMX tracks here, and I must say....I'll pass.:D

ja_har

Likes Dirt
Are the any 4x tracks in Sydney cause i wouldnt mind giving it a go and possible even racing once.

I am doing my first DH race this sundayso that should be fun
Choice of three tracks

Homebush Olympic Park - open to anyone anytime, next to BMX track, nice and easy for anyone to ride.
Kurrajong Grass Kart - open to ride on specific ride days, steep and fast with big jumps.
Ebenezer - Private land, open only for race days.

For all races / ride days, keep an eye on WSMTB who organise clubbies which are great to test the water. State races should start again in 2011.