3D printing/designing

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did a search the other day and found the 3D designing thread, but nothing on 3D printing aka additive manufacturing (among other things).

Who here is into it? I have been playing around with it for almost a year now and besides being an expensive hobby (not compared to riding, but that isn't really a hobby) I am having lots of fun with it.

I don't have a printer myself due to the upfront cost, but use one of the main service providers. I also think that the quality and range of materials provided is much better than on a home machine.

I am mostly done some different fun things with plastics, some jewellery/cufflinks and some model train stuff. I actually started off doing espresso cups, but my provider changed their ceramics to porcelain, which aren't yet available to sell to the public.

I would love to see what other people are up to with 3D printing, particular people doing the actual printing at home.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
I did a search the other day and found the 3D designing thread, but nothing on 3D printing aka additive manufacturing (among other things).

Who here is into it? I have been playing around with it for almost a year now and besides being an expensive hobby (not compared to riding, but that isn't really a hobby) I am having lots of fun with it.

I don't have a printer myself due to the upfront cost, but use one of the main service providers. I also think that the quality and range of materials provided is much better than on a home machine.

I am mostly done some different fun things with plastics, some jewellery/cufflinks and some model train stuff. I actually started off doing espresso cups, but my provider changed their ceramics to porcelain, which aren't yet available to sell to the public.

I would love to see what other people are up to with 3D printing, particular people doing the actual printing at home.

Check out the 3D printed prototype stems that wont upload so if you want to see them then message me