29er wheels

DW-1

Dirt Works
Ah... sorry for the stupid question, but do we ask our LBS to talk to Dirt Works or Wheelcraft, or are they (you) the same thing, or will they know about this deal already? Cheers
Around 880 of our dealers (should have) received an email from us on Monday about the offer. (and a couple of other offers)

Just get your store to contact Dirt Works.

However... if you'd like the Wheelcraft guys to help you with rim, hub and spoke selection to best suit your riding style and needs... just shoot an email to wheelcraft@dirtworks.com.au

Hope that helps.

Elvis.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
For those that maybe interested, Hope will be producing pre-built 29er wheelsets based around their Pro2 and SP3 hubs from early next year. These should be available from the likes of CRC & Wiggle.

The Bear

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
any good bike shop. $2/ea, $1 if they like you.

99% of the time you want to go longer, anyway, so 294mm. If you're using the DT calculator, um... don't, or atleast cross check it with another one or two of ones out there.

Last edited:

charltons

Likes Bikes
Spokes

I went to the Wheelbuilder.com site - fantastic I plugged my details in & proceeded to the checkout then fell over at the freight price ......$62 for $60 worth of spokes!!!

I think I will try the LBS. Great site though.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Sun-Ringle Black Flag Pro?

Opinions? From doing some research they are Stans crest rims, and S-R's own hubs with wheelsmith spokes.

RRP is $899

Anyone ridden them?
feedback on the first two shipments has been solid. (sold out too) but now back in stock...

oh and if you want to bling your thing... we have the gold rim version in stock now too.

Elvis.

Last edited:

MountGower

Likes Dirt
I went to the Wheelbuilder.com site - fantastic I plugged my details in & proceeded to the checkout then fell over at the freight price ......$62 for $60 worth of spokes!!!

I think I will try the LBS. Great site though.
G'day

Try Starbike dot com. Great prices and reasonable enough postage. I bought DT Supercomps there and delivery time was good. I recently saw amazing prices for ZTR rims at Wiggle and Evans Cycles has the best prices for Hope Hubs I've seen as well as the best postage deals. Sun Ringle rims were going cheap at CRC last time I looked.

Cheers.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I've been considering the Arch vs Crest comments over the last couple of days.

Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to build the front with a Crest and the rear with an Arch?

My front seems to cop less abuse than the rear and it's common for roadies to build a lighter front (yeah, sure it's not mtb so maybe the concept doesn't translate).

I was thinking this might be some sort of middle ground where good reliability and low weight come togther.

We mix spokes, hubs, tyres front to back but I've never noticed anyone mixing rims (haven't looked too hard though).

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good question.

I had Greg (TWE) quote on a set of wheels for me a couple of years ago, and he was going to use a slightly lighter rim on the front than rear.

I haven't noticed it elsewhere though - I think it would upset my Rainman-like sense of order.

.stu.

Likes Dirt
I built my SS wheels with 28 spokes front and 32 rear as I felt my rear cops more of a beating than my front. Both ZTR Olympic laced to Hope ProII, only difference is spoke count. That will be 2 years ago this xmas, both still great wheels, never had any trouble with them. Hadn't ever considered using different rims but I might consider it in the future.