26” DH wheelset

DjMikey

Likes Bikes
Hey all, I’m on the look out for a 2nd wheel set for my Norco, it has sun ringle single track rims as std, and they are wearing a nice set of maxxis dhr 2.5” tyres.
I’m looking to add a set of hook worms to the stable for street riding with the kids. I’d love a set of mtx33 or mtx39’s with hubs ready to go but fey and far between. I have been pointed in the direction of Col Massif dh wheel set for less then $200 new and would suit the gentle flat riding on bike paths etc. do many have any experience with these, or is anyone parting out an old giant glory or Norco atomik.

this Col Massif set look ready to add tyres and are less then the cost of a set of hubs.

Im torn with what to do but would love the input from you guys. I havebeen Back into riding now for maybe 8 months with an old 08 atomik, ( the downhill bike is cushy on the old bones).
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153688596644

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got a set of the budget massifs, haven't used them in anger yet though. Seem reasonable koala-tea, can't fault the build with a quick look over and a play up and down the street.

Poodle has a set that he's actually used, might be able to give you a better insight

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As the pointer of that finger...I've given my set a hard time since posting for you. Been riding the local dirt lumps and free ride trails. Posted a pic somewhere over one of said jumps. The wheels have had it hard, Thursday I cased a medium sized jump continually for maybe 8 attempts...it's a step down, fall of about 1m length of about 6m and the launch ramp goes more up than our when you send it. Wheel is still true and rolls sweet. I'm big too, about 95kg.

DjMikey

Likes Bikes
I am leaning toward the massifs but wanting the chance to buy something complete off here first. The massif colours kinda match the renthals and stansion colours too lol.

Speaking of colours, does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy coloured brake hoses.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I am leaning toward the massifs but wanting the chance to buy something complete off here first. The massif colours kinda match the renthals and stansion colours too lol.

Speaking of colours, does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy coloured brake hoses.
Uberbike or Jagwire off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Those ^ wheels look pretty good. Hope hubs are a favourite across the forum.

These might be a little $$$.