2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

moorey

call me Mia
Agreed, but in hindsight he qualified in a pretty good spot for a shot at the win.
They both had better condition than the top qualifiers, but that’s racing. Last few wet races, the final riders had the advantage. All bets were off tonight. That looked hideous. Wooden ramp off the grass alone has me clenching my sphincter every time for the last 20 riders.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Absolutely, from the top ten riders of last round Thibaut and Troy had the biggest opportunity to capitalise from today's conditions and Thibaut made it stick. Those last two sends were nuts, especially the last... foot waaay out on the off camber grass, mind the stump and clip back in at the last second is insane.

moorey

call me Mia
Well… in the cold light of day, I can say I can’t recall being so gutted by a race. After qualifying, I was convinced I was going to win the fantasy league world wide awards for excellence…..then went worse than I ever have.
Oh yeah, great race though.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Butt clenching for sure. That fucking bridge. OMG . Daprela of course gotta give it to him. Great ride.
Some of the later rides over the rooty secrion in the middle were awesome to watch too.

Highlights for me as it got wet:
Minaar - Sick ride. And picked up 7th.
Finn Iles - Can the kid ride or what!
Benoit Coulanges - just looked on it
Bulldog - all over the place but so committed.
Danny Hart - pinning the first section, but must have had an off. Wanted to see him get close.
Reece Wilson!!! - heart in mouth, holy fucking hell... Oh good he's up! Can't sleep now tho. Too wired.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Man that was an intense race. Thibault deserves the win and I’m sure we‘ll see many more from him but I‘m not sure he’ll ever be my favourite rider. Not sure what it is. But hats off to him either way.

In hindsight, the runs by Minaar and Wallace were pretty special in those conditions - particularly Minaar. Props to Kerr as well.

Has to be said that Wilson was fucking nailing it though and was riding like a mad bastard. Genuinely feared for his safety when he ejected into orbit. Hope he pulls up ok.

Congrats to Fearon and Deanos Machinos for top 10 results.

moorey

call me Mia
Man that was an intense race. Thibault deserves the win and I’m sure we‘ll see many more from him but I‘m not sure he’ll ever be my favourite rider. Not sure what it is. But hats off to him either way.

In hindsight, the runs by Minaar and Wallace were pretty special in those conditions - particularly Minaar. Props to Kerr as well.

Has to be said that Wilson was fucking nailing it though and was riding like a mad bastard. Genuinely feared for his safety when he ejected into orbit. Hope he pulls up ok.

Congrats to Fearon and Deanos Machinos for top 10 results.
Daprela is an insane talent. A think I like him a lot. Seems pretty down to earth and grounded from what I’ve seen. He’s young though, if he keeps winning, he could turn into Bruni.
Minnaar was definitely a highlight. Finn also. Wilson was unforgettable both on the bike and in the air. Times didn’t matter for the last dozen, just great to watch riding in those conditions.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I don't think Daprela will last out the season. Pushes too close to the limit, and will crash out at some point.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I don't think Daprela will last out the season. Pushes too close to the limit, and will crash out at some point.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Maybe, maybe not. But when he’s up, he’s always worth watching.
I think he’ll stay up enough this year and rob Troy of the overall unfortunately. Flame suit on.