2018 World Cup discussion

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Nope. Although second place is nothing to sneeze at.
Massive run from Nicole, reminds me of Gwin in a way, strong, smooth, powerful and noticeably faster. I think Rachel will have her work cut out for her this year, 100% fit or not.

moorey

call me Mia
I kinda hated watching that...I was really scared for the riders, especially after seeing Brook go down. Another tyre failure for Minaar, wooda thought? Poor bugger.
Brook rode down slowly, any news on injury? That was awful to watch.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Well what a start to the season!

‘‘Twas definitely a brutal track. Made for great racing but agree it was tough to watch at times. Those rocks would have been horrendous to roll around in

Brooks crash was bad. I was super glad to see him up and moving ok even if it was slow

Gwin NAILED IT! The guy is a machine a level above everyone else

Myriam’s run was also really impressive. She really deserved the win over Rach and thats not something that has happened for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

I just got RedBull TV'ed the entire evening, with the stream constantly pausing then catching up then trying to play live again.
Would have been better served just watching the live split times on a table than that video footage.

Also, what the hell was with the camera choices?! They had the start gate ramp, and about three different angles of the interesting rock rides, and then about a million cameras to catch the riders just tucked rolling down city streets.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I just got RedBull TV'ed the entire evening, with the stream constantly pausing then catching up then trying to play live again.
We had very few streaming problems, maybe 3 glitches through the 2 streamed sessions and we don’t have particularly great internet speed

moorey

call me Mia
@Zaf you're hard to please....we saw all of every run, and the camera placing was pretty good, I reckon.
Better than seeing only part runs, with the top 1/2 missing completely. One benefit of the short track.
Brook out with collar bone, I hear?

Z

Zaf

@Zaf you're hard to please....we saw all of every run, and the camera placing was pretty good, I reckon.
Better than seeing only part runs, with the top 1/2 missing completely. One benefit of the short track.
Brook out with collar bone, I hear?
It's just me sour grapesing the entire situation because the feed was buggered.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Well, that was ace for me, great tough trail, tons of action and guys riding on the edge. The camera position for the finish area could've panned out to show the seaside finish but I guess we saw enough of it.
The start list saga is gonna create some issues but meh, as long as we get to see the race then I'm fine with it.
Aaron Gwin is a lord, he was so visibly quicker than anyone and deserved that win so much. He was literally floating in the pinball section, what an amazing thing to see.
The Aussie lads done good too! We're up for a rad season me thinks.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, that was a great way to start the season, best race coverage yet. Interesting and tough track, nice contrast to the longer, faster trails we see more often.

Would like to have seen a Minaar V Gwin time sans flat tyres.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
i wasn't able to watch mens race, had to be bed early but the track is pretty decent.

Didn't really like that urban section but i guess it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Here's hoping we see this track back again for next year.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ha! Thats a rad photo of Rachel, amazing timing. It's rude of her to disrespect local laws and be fully clothed jumping in there though.

I agree Skydome, that trail has a place for future races for sure.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I thought the last flip flop turn section before the finish line was epic...I can imagine the looseness banking over on those knobbies.