ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll try my best not to crash into it.

* Disclaimer - since sobering up I've realized riding drunk may not be the best idea.

sobmal

Squid
Looking forward to this one, missed the last two for various reasons, last one I did was the rescheduled one and until then I hadn't missed any since way back @sparrow.

Actually thinking about it.. I still have the very same 100mm 26in XC bike I rode at sparrow.. I bought it for XC club racing and I guess I never got around to doing much of that so it's only done a bunch of Monts, some DW's and Fling's and a handful of Awaba or Ourimbah races.. it's in mint condition so I will most certainly bring that one out for a couple laps.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Alrighty, what y'all say, Farkin/rotorburn meet up at the beer tent at 7:30pm?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Friday and Saturday nights!

If there is room in the campsite you can park a car or two. If not, some areas have vacant spots that can take a car or two or there is a larger carparking area closer to the gate.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Meet the last Ride the Kow T-Shirt you'll ever need... strictly pre-order via your team entry
tried to log in and order a shirt, but cant seem to find where. do i need to be the team captain to do it ?, cant see link for individual team member.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Ah thats all good. Just want to unload the camping gear and happy to park away from the site.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
You won't have any issues parking near your site, especially if you don't feel the need to set up camp as close as possible to HQ. The past couple of years we've set up camp in an area to the right of the main access road. There's been a stack of room, plus areas with rocky outcrops where nobody wants to set up camp anyway. The campground is capable of fitting double the number of riders as are entered this year, so there's plenty of room for everyone and their cars.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, that's pretty much where I plan on setting up. Maybe a street or two back from HQ on the right hand side of the central road near a rocky area on the upper side of the hill....., flattest patch of ground I can find!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Yep, that's pretty much where I plan on setting up. Maybe a street or two back from HQ on the right hand side of the central road near a rocky area on the upper side of the hill....., flattest patch of ground I can find!
Once it's not down wind of the dunny's and a short stroll to the beer tent!

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
tried to log in and order a shirt, but cant seem to find where. do i need to be the team captain to do it ?, cant see link for individual team member.
Individual riders can order their own shirt.
If you have trouble finding where to click what button email me alan at selfpropelled dot com dot au or call me on oh four oh five six three five six five one and I can do it all over the phone

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Individual riders can order their own shirt.
If you have trouble finding where to click what button email me alan at selfpropelled dot com dot au or call me on oh four oh five six three five six five one and I can do it all over the phone
all good Alan, i had emailed you a few days before your reply, but was unable to sort it out.
hopefully i can get one at the event, if you have any still for sale. i hadn't checked back on this thread .

went out and rode the course again today, quite a few people out getting some preparation. looking to be a great event .
when will course markers be going in?

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
went out and rode the course again today, quite a few people out getting some preparation. looking to be a great event .
when will course markers be going in?
The course is fully marked now and Paul Cole has been round the course with his short skirt and feather duster tidying everything just so...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The course is fully marked now and Paul Cole has been round the course with his short skirt and feather duster tidying everything just so...
Went out for a run this morning and ran into Paul who was in good form. Always up for a chat.

Glad I got out there before the rain started. Thanks to you all for the trail building.

moorey

call me Mia
Went out for a run this morning and ran into Paul who was in good form. Always up for a chat.

Glad I got out there before the rain started. Thanks to you all for the trail building.
What sort of terrain are we looking at? 140 or 160mm bike? DHR/HR tyre combo?

No really...what am I up for?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm on a 150 but reckon you'd be just fine on a 140. The only time you really actually need that much travel is when the track gnars out after 20 hours/10,000 riding laps. some of the corners will develop pretty chunked breaking bumps and the faster sections will develop ruts and stuff. But other than that, the trail won't have serious rock gardens, big doubles or drops. It's a pretty fast and flowy trail and I'm bringing an HRII for the front and an Ardent for the rear. I'll also have a DHR for the rear in case of wet conditions.

Put it this way, there will be no shortage of dudes riding rigid frames with 140 up front and I believe some jokers have ridden BMXs in past years.