2009 NSWMTB DH Round 2 Ourimbah

BIG RUSTY

Likes Dirt
I was in the same boat as well. I only found out there was no day licenses at the start of the week.

I P.Med sledger/wayne the ccomtb club VP

I entered the race wrote the word "receipt" where your mtba number goes

then I printed out the membership forms filled them out and will give them to wayne when I register on saturday and join ccomtb.

you might want to contact wayne Im sure he will try and sort you out.

goodluck

HOS

Likes Bikes
I just spent the morning getting my bike together, rushing around sorting a licence (yes I know I left it late, but my circumstances are extenuating) to find entries closed, well before the Friday night deadline as stated earlier by the race organisers. This is such a shame.

Jack456

Likes Dirt
I tried to register at about 7pm and ive been trying ever since and it still says its closed. IM MEANT TO BE GETTING ON A TRAIN TO GO 8 HOURS TO NEW CASTLE IN 2 HOURS!!!!!

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
This is really confusing, I wish someone would clarify what the go is with all these questions we're asking in regards to registering and licenses.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sent Wayno a PM, but I also tried the enter last night and it said it was closed? I have organised lifts and everything, it would be highly dissapointing to not be aloud to enter?

I beleive if you guys said by friday, and you closed it early we should be aloud to enter please, I was looking forward to this race highly. What can we do?

casey79

Likes Dirt
Far out guys the rego has been open for weeks and you decide to pull your finger out at the last minute. Even Im not that organised. By the way i had a great days riding :-D

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far out guys the rego has been open for weeks and you decide to pull your finger out at the last minute. Even Im not that organised. By the way i had a great days riding :-D
Unfortunate circumstances lead to it, I am in the middle of my HSC with my major work, and just got some exams back and have assesments, I had to work out if I could get a lift, be aloud to go and afford it? maybe you have the luxury of the knowledge of organising weeks before...some of us don't wish I did.

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
Unfortunate circumstances lead to it, I am in the middle of my HSC with my major work, and just got some exams back and have assesments, I had to work out if I could get a lift, be aloud to go and afford it? maybe you have the luxury of the knowledge of organising weeks before...some of us don't wish I did.
yeh man i know how you feel im in the same situation as you, year 12 yada yada.. mind you Wayno was excepting late regos today at the track with a $10 late fee.

By the way i managed to get my rego in on time on friday even after i had to get my car towed out of my front garden because i have friends who say they can drive manual so i say "ok then park it on the lawn for me..." and the story goes on lol. what a day :p

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh man i know how you feel im in the same situation as you, year 12 yada yada.. mind you Wayno was excepting late regos today at the track with a $10 late fee.

By the way i managed to get my rego in on time on friday even after i had to get my car towed out of my front garden because i have friends who say they can drive manual so i say "ok then park it on the lawn for me..." and the story goes on lol. what a day :p
Hopefully he will accept mine, I had sport and work commitments today thus not riding today.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
This is really confusing, I wish someone would clarify what the go is with all these questions we're asking in regards to registering and licenses.
You are kidding arn't you? I mean the day license/ can I get a club licence now question has been asked and answered so many times.... Try actually reading the thread.

As for rego... The whole idea of prerego is so organisers know how many people are coming and can make arrangements to suit. Regoing at 7,8 or 11pm the night before doesn't do much does it.

You've obviously planned your weekend how hard is it to register a bit earlier?

I'm all for rego closing the week before the race... Especially this year when we have the system open well in advance.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I second that!
Maybe not a week. Maybe 2 nights before. A week is a bit xtreme. People won't here of the race till that time and will not get a spot. Just because some people are lazy and/or busy, you don't have to close rego up for everyother person a week earlier.
I sound like i'm pissed off but i'm stating a point.
Tom.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe not a week. Maybe 2 nights before. A week is a bit xtreme. People won't here of the race till that time and will not get a spot. Just because some people are lazy and/or busy, you don't have to close rego up for everyother person a week earlier.
Tom.
What about the organisers. They need to know how many people are racing to organise enough buses to allow the event to flow smoothly.

If you are to lazy or busy bud luck. Simple as that.

You make time to do what you need to and want to.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Tom.
Try organising a DH race when you don't know who is coming.

- How many shuttle busses are needed?
- How many shuttle trailers are needed to be sourced from other clubs?
- how many toilets are needed.
- How many people will be needed at the rego table to cope with people who couldn't be arsed to be organise.

Not to mention getting the start list together and to the timers is much easier without enter on the day.

Seriously, a week out from the event actually gives the organiser time to put on an event that the punters will enjoy with minimal complaints. There is too much cash outlay in putting on these events to take vague guesses on who may turn up.

Pre entry isn't that big an issue.

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about the organisers. They need to know how many people are racing to organise enough buses to allow the event to flow smoothly.

If you are to lazy or busy bud luck. Simple as that.

You make time to do what you need to and want to.
with that attitude, you're not going to get much support. I hate to break it to you, but when your 16 - 18years of age, at school and still learning a lot in life, and following your parents around, you're not really overly organised and it's pretty hard to make a commitment to something, when your life is still somewhat been run by your parents and school commitments pop up at the last second all the time..

Regardless of that, I can see where you're coming from, but I think everyone has to give and take a little, and compromises have to be made. This weekend was a great race - everything ran smoothly from what I could tell... and rego closed on Friday. Wayno and everyone else did a great job - thanks !!