2009 NSWMTB DH Round 2 Ourimbah

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
CCOMTB is honoured to be hosting round 2 of 2009 NSWMTB TBSM/OneLiner DH state Series, over the 2nd and 3rd of May.

Entries can be found here https://commerce34.pair.com/tzone/events/nswmtb/downhill09/
This will also be entries available on www.tbsm.com.au and our club website www.ccomtb.com.au

Entries will close on the friday night (1st of May) before the event and there is no late entries available.

Please print the confirmation form and bring to the rego tent for sign on.
those who attended at Thredbo please bring your number with you.

We do have a club round on the weekend before so if you want some secret practice come up for that

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
ok...so... when i enter for rimbah, i dont have an Mtba lisence, but ive applied for one, where it asks for my Mtba number, i just write 'recipt', dont i?, then turn up and show the recipt on the day.
Also, they say a "reciept" lasts for one month, i applied for my lisence on the 1st of April, will it still be valid? and if its not valid and i still dont have my lisence, what do i do, thanks.

ive read this before and i know that thats what people have said to do, but i just want to be told again...i dont wanna turn up and not be able to race...

Wayno

Yes just write receipt in licence number space unless, you have renewed your licence then just write your number but still bring your receipt to the event. Your receipt is valid for 1 month yes, or until you get your licence in the mail but please bring your receipt with you to the event if you haven't recieved your licence in the post.

ok...so... when i enter for rimbah, i dont have an Mtba lisence, but ive applied for one, where it asks for my Mtba number, i just write 'recipt', dont i?, then turn up and show the recipt on the day.
Also, they say a "reciept" lasts for one month, i applied for my lisence on the 1st of April, will it still be valid? and if its not valid and i still dont have my lisence, what do i do, thanks.

ive read this before and i know that thats what people have said to do, but i just want to be told again...i dont wanna turn up and not be able to race...

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Wayno
What is the general plan for the weekend. What is the " what, where, how and when"?

Wayno

Entries can be found here https://commerce34.pair.com/tzone/ev...tb/downhill09/
This will also be entries available on www.tbsm.com.au and our club website www.ccomtb.com.au

Saturday is practice day with bus shuttles running from 9am to 5pm, so you can practice your skids and whips and generally ride until your heart is content, or your legs have given up.

Sunday race day practice from 9am racing to start at 12.30pm with 30 second gaps, same format as in Thredbo with A Grade men and Women + under 19 men doing a qualifing run then the other grades and then finish off with the top 50% qualifiers in A grade men, women and Under 19, followed with preso.

There will be food & coffee, pit lane for the sponsors and club tents.

-There is no day licence at any of the 2009 NSW DH State series
-Marshalls are there to help you, please listen to them
-If an injured rider is found, report it as soon as possible to a marshall or medical staff
-Always walk yourself and your bike around any injured rider
-Slower riders must give way to faster riders, pulling to the side of the track at the first safe place to do so
-Faster riders approaching slower riders are to call "rider" or "track" but also wait for a time that is safe for the rider in front to pull over and stop
-No stopping in the middle of the track, this is a danger to yourself and other riders. If you do need to stop, quickly move off to the side of the track
-Race plates are to be placed on the front of the bicycle and must be easily visible to marshalls and time keepers
-Race plate modifification that affects sponsors logos or numbers will face disqualification

HOS

Likes Bikes
I am not a member of a club currently as my licence has expired. Am I able to take out membership on the day or will such an administrative function be unavailable.
Cheers

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres no Day lisences

nope dont know why <- Leftykonashred ...Matty, why'd u check the link..LOL u wont even be down there...
Did you read the question. He was a member of a club but it expired. He asked if he could "take out membership"

That has nothing to do with day licences:rolleyes:

SPU

Likes Dirt
Can I please ask as to why this round is so expensive? I understand with Thredbo because there is the cost of the chairlift but we're using car shuttles here and at club rounds it is $25 per head, yes it is over 2 days but that is still $50.

I was planning to attend all the state rounds but at this rate I just can't afford it, it would equate to almost $500 in race entry fees. And that's not including accommodation, broken parts, transport etc...

I know it sounds like I'm having a massive whinge but it's more of a "please explain". I know a lot of people were expecting this round to be slightly cheaper than Thredbo.

Cheers.

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I please ask as to why this round is so expensive? I understand with Thredbo because there is the cost of the chairlift but we're using car shuttles here and at club rounds it is $25 per head, yes it is over 2 days but that is still $50.

I was planning to attend all the state rounds but at this rate I just can't afford it, it would equate to almost $500 in race entry fees. And that's not including accommodation, broken parts, transport etc...

I know it sounds like I'm having a massive whinge but it's more of a "please explain". I know a lot of people were expecting this round to be slightly cheaper than Thredbo.

Cheers.
No car shuttles. There will be busses so you don't need your own transport.

SPU

Likes Dirt
No car shuttles. There will be busses so you don't need your own transport.
Sorry I meant bus shuttles, I was just making a point saying it was a car-based shuttle as opposed to a ski lift.

Don't get me wrong, last time the mini buses worked quite well but were only $25 per person.

jrewing

Eats Squid

Cheers.
I agree with you mate. I'm in second thoughts of it all. At the ccomtb rounds, which are $25 a round, we are provided shuttles. No timing though.
With the sponsors you'd think they'd be coughing up cash for the rights to sponsor it.