2008 Iron Horse?

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Yeah they look great... I don't have the pictures on the computer, but you won't be dissapointed :D. The world cup is pretty much the same as Sam Hill's which he is running at the moment. The world cup has a RRP of $8999.00, I can't remember the rest, but they are all pretty much the same prices as the previous models. Shouldn't be to long before they make it all public.

Cheers,

V10

Likes Dirt
From what ive heard, there will be no Factory model any more. The world cup will be top of the line. And none of the frames are made in the USA any more. They will all come out of Tiawan.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Arghh. I get so annoyed that everything is moving to Taiwan. Soon it seems we will need to go and buy a Nicolai or a Foes to get anything not made in Taiwan.

mtb_4_life

Likes Bikes
By looking at the specs i have the Sunday Elite comes with Totems. Also the world cup comes with a rock shox vivid back shock.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
From what ive heard, there will be no Factory model any more. The world cup will be top of the line. And none of the frames are made in the USA any more. They will all come out of Tiawan.
correct. unfortunately it all came down to leadtimes. frames coming from the US would mean that we wouldn't see them until Jan next year which is waay too late. so for now, all frames will be ex Taiwan.

good news is that the frameset will be back for 08!

udi

swiss cheese
and to be honest i d rather ride a taiwan made bike than a usa made bike.
Same, in general i've seen better weld quality in higher end Taiwanese frames, than in boutique US frames where often you've got overpaid workers who probably don't value their job anywhere near as much as the underpaid asian workers who know they can be replaced immediately the moment they slip up.

There are exceptions of course, but in terms of manufacturing methods (hollow forging, robot welding, etc) and build quality/consistency - IMO Taiwan surpassed the US many years ago. I'm talking '02-03 or even earlier, I can't believe it even gets brought up in this day and age.

Last edited:

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Arghh. I get so annoyed that everything is moving to Taiwan. Soon it seems we will need to go and buy a Nicolai or a Foes to get anything not made in Taiwan.
It's a good thing....
Think about it. Higher volume >better quality >cheaper price.
Australia/usa. Lower volume > shit quality> higher price

Which would you rather?

sprocket

Likes Dirt
i agree a Taiwan built frame these days are pretty good... i havn't snapped a frame in years, as opposed to my mate who has a thing for US built stuff ( brand withheld) and has gone through a few frames that cost him a bomb....:rolleyes:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Soon it seems we will need to go and buy a Nicolai or a Foes to get anything not made in Taiwan.

yeah do that!!! can t believe i didn t see that before.

but yeah in all honesty...you might think it s sad for frames but what about every other piece of componentry on your bike is undoubtebly made in taiwan and it rocks. sram etc... xo s are made in taiwan and so is rockshox.. same with all the tires and the list goes on.
come on people don t be so harsh with our fellow taiwanese, they do a great job so far...

Nicho

Last edited:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
i love the edit button.
well maybe that s why everyone rides sram and not shimano hehe...
thanks for correcting me anyway.

nicho

Cletus

Likes Dirt
everything in taiwan is robot welded, exactly the same and perfect every time. you cant beat that.
give me a mass produced frame over a boutique frame anyday.