QLD 2007 Eastern Nightrain SOLD

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: 2007 Eastern Nightrain (Size Unkown)
Condition: To be fair, the frame has been pretty flogged by past owners. Parts are good. Just lots of scratching.
Reason For Sale: Street and Dirtjumps scare the shit out of me. I bought this a few months ago in the hopes of changing that, but it hasn't worked!
Location: Laidley QLD 4341 (Pick-up preferred, posting optional on discussion)
Price: $600- NOW $550 - Or a good offer may bring my price down ;)
Specs:

Frame: 2007 Nightrain
Fork: 2006 or 2007 Pikes (seals are 0 rides old! But they may be used before sale)
Handlebars: Reverse DH
Stem: Random black thing
Grips: Clarks, as new as they come!
Pedals: NOT INCLUDED
Rear Wheel: Halo Tornado on Tuffneck Hub
Front Wheel: Random White thing on Eastern Hub
Brake: Avid Elixer 5
Crankset: Mission 3 Piece

Attachments

Last edited:

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
I had the same bike before and tried to put PIKE forks on, but there is a problem with this forks.
The right hand side adjustment knob will TOUCH the downtube and will be knocked off during a bar spin or crash.

Not sure if you have a solution to get around this. If so, I will be very interested.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had this problem with the last fork I had on it (X Fusion Vengance) and solved it by taking the rebound and compression knobs off. But since putting the pikes on it I haven't had a look to see if it hits. On my way to inspect!

Forks JUST clear te frame. Taking the knobs of I can't see any problems with it.

Edit: sorry Binner, they are 26".

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had the same bike before and tried to put PIKE forks on, but there is a problem with this forks.
The right hand side adjustment knob will TOUCH the downtube and will be knocked off during a bar spin or crash.

Not sure if you have a solution to get around this. If so, I will be very interested.
I think it would depend on your brand of steer tube bearing set. Some are wider than others and would give more clearance.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
I had this problem with the last fork I had on it (X Fusion Vengance) and solved it by taking the rebound and compression knobs off. But since putting the pikes on it I haven't had a look to see if it hits. On my way to inspect!

Forks JUST clear te frame. Taking the knobs of I can't see any problems with it.

Edit: sorry Binner, they are 26".
I had a close look, this is actually later Night train model, not 2007 model. The 2007 model frame had the seat clamp high up not an integrated unit.
I had the problem with the older frame. Things must have changed.

Are there scratches on the sliders on forks?

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a close look, this is actually later Night train model, not 2007 model. The 2007 model frame had the seat clamp high up not an integrated unit.
I had the problem with the older frame. Things must have changed.

Are there scratches on the sliders on forks?
Might take this to a PM Tomli just to save on the posts.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump! Got a guy interested at $550, but can only pick up after the 19th. Will sell for less if I can get it sold before then!