2003 Kona Stuff - What to do?...

CHEWY

Eats Squid
wellsley said:
i have just forgotten wat i was going to say. not all of it, spending shit loads of money at once makes u feel empty inside, but normally i spend 600+ at once, but yeah, id change those forks from wat ive heard the mx forks are not that flash
theyre not MX's there EXR's!!

read up a few posts... i said the same thing

olsson

Likes Dirt
no thanks, if you can convince squid that I need them then thats what i'll get. But anything I'm going to buy goes through him first

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
I'm not your dad Olsson. It's your money and you're a grown man now. I think you are quite capable of making decicions yourself. Be strong!!! :p

olsson

Likes Dirt
but I would rather it go by you first, as I want to make sure I make some good choices...
Well aslong as you help thats what that matters right?
Can you tell me some prices on some rims, if possible?? Cause do you think I should get a new one, or get it checked out?

Dicky

Punter God
Dan... you don't need to spend any more money on your rig.
do your best to ignore the spending habits of Squidlos and myself, we simply have too much spare time, and not enough other things to spend our money on.

it's sweet as is, as we keep labouriously yelling at you.

leave it until something breaks.

ok maybe some ODI grips, if you really need to change something.

it really is good enough already. Kona have pretty much done all of this 'upgrading' for you already.

If you need any further confirmation of this, park it next to the bikes of the allambie crew you ride with.
with the exception of pete's new toy, which is pretty much on par with yours, the rest of them should tell you exactly what we've been trying to.

just ride it bro!

olsson

Likes Dirt
nice, but I think petes rig is a "tad" to uncomfortable for me, its feels like a tank, (not that thats bad) but heavy etc...

Dicky

Punter God
Ty said:
go buy a dorado SC, that should keep the upgrade bug at bay for a while.
teeheeheeheehahaha that it would.

now going cheap for the bargain price of around 3 grand.

Rik

logged out
Hrm, just ride it until you kill it... but start saving for wheels now. Maybe a Dice two four + two six combination would go well :?:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Dicky said:
Ty said:
go buy a dorado SC, that should keep the upgrade bug at bay for a while.
teeheeheeheehahaha that it would.

now going cheap for the bargain price of around 3 grand.
Got the new price list today. The all new Uber Dorado at 200mm travel in an Ice Blue finish is going at a bargain price of $3999!!! Get one now b4 they sell out :lol:
Don't stress, the standard Dorado is still available at $2999

olsson

Likes Dirt
Just because YOU have money!
c'mon i really think i might need a new rim, what do you guys think i need? whats good. Whats not. In a GOOD BUDGET

olsson

Likes Dirt
not get RID of it, just spend it! Haha on something nice for my bike...hehe.
I jurst think it needs something new. Thats all

CHEWY

Eats Squid
whats wrong with the rims uve got? does it still go round and round? replace it when it gets fully trashed. id save my money too, u wouldnt want to go spending all ur money on something u dont really need, then having ur forks snap in half on u the next day, ud be up shit creek without a paddle

olsson

Likes Dirt
CHEWY said:
whats wrong with the rims uve got? does it still go round and round? replace it when it gets fully trashed. id save my money too, u wouldnt want to go spending all ur money on something u dont really need, then having ur forks snap in half on u the next day, ud be up shit creek without a paddle
Well 4 spokes in 2 weeks I dont think is too good. plus I think they're the same one. Like I dont want to keep spending money on repairing it. So I'm going to get it checked out :cry:
I still have no Idea what rim I should get IF I do need one

olsson

Likes Dirt
jayboy882003 said:
i was gunna get a stuff. they are good bikes.
Yes, they are good bikes, I quiet luuuuurve my bike, but its just a matter of up-grades, you can leave a bike the way it is. I mean look at all the people around, NO ONE leaves they're bike stock-o