AM 141

clockworked

Like an orange
Been dialling in the pressures lately using Nige's settings which is low pressures significant dampening. Have settled on 71/101psi @ -1 HSC -3 HSC -6 Rebound. Fork is feeling fantastic! Tracking and mid stroke support along solid end stroke ramp is all there. Also no sore hands is well received, feeling like a mini RRT Dorado at this point.
If anyone with Mezzers can spare $700 it's well worth it as a true performance upgrade.
Full disclosure have always installed an Intend Stiffmaster headset.
That good? I thought the standard mezzer was a big jump from the pike select it replaced. Is there that much more in the fork?!

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Became plastic wheel curious again after Dirt Works had 50% these E13 TRSR wheelsets. Enjoying the ride quality so far.
Can't get Continentals at the moment so threw on some trusty Hans Dampfs.
Unfortunately had rock get stuck between arch and stanchion on both sides. Leaving a nice big scratch:mad:

PXL_20230110_073949937_copy_1600x1018.jpg
PXL_20230113_233753960_copy_1024x1360.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Became plastic wheel curious again after Dirt Works had 50% these E13 TRSR wheelsets. Enjoying the ride quality so far.
Can't get Continentals at the moment so threw on some trusty Hans Dampfs.
Unfortunately had rock get stuck between arch and stanchion on both sides. Leaving a nice big scratch:mad:

View attachment 396454View attachment 396455
I feel your pain, it happened on one of my Mezzers too. Never had it happen on a forward braced fork. I repaired mine using a tiny file, nail polish and lots of wet and dry. Surprisingly it held up 100% and was on the bike until it started creaking. I got that repaired and it's now my back up CSU.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
@kten I was wondering surely I couldn't be the only one. 4 years of riding reverse arch forks I must have been lucky. I also did the same but used very fine sandpaper and metal polish. All good so far after a couple of rides. Nige has a new CSU on the way so if doesn't hold up for long I can swap over. I'm yet to have any creaking across 4x pairs.

@The Reverend Precisely! Was pissing out oil initially but new seals and sand/polish as a temp fix. I'd imagine it could be repaired very close to new but would need to gain a professional opinion. New CSU is $480 :rolleyes: from zee Germans. DW or Shock have no stock.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I feel your pain, it happened on one of my Mezzers too. Never had it happen on a forward braced fork. I repaired mine using a tiny file, nail polish and lots of wet and dry. Surprisingly it held up 100% and was on the bike until it started creaking. I got that repaired and it's now my back up CSU.
Never thought of a rock riding on the arch of a reverse braced fork being an issue. A difficult one to keep an eye on too.

Hope it gets sorted @Wake Jake Stanchions always get dinged up sooner or later. A gentle buff should fix it up.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Never thought of a rock riding on the arch of a reverse braced fork being an issue. A difficult one to keep an eye on too.

Hope it gets sorted @Wake Jake Stanchions always get dinged up sooner or later. A gentle buff should fix it up.
Yeah first thought when you realise there is a rock in there is it to hit the brakes followed by....but if I brake I'll make it worse....so the only real option is to abandon ship immediately to stop the fork from moving any more...true story. Bruises get better with time....stanchions don't.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Just very unlucky. Hopefully my polishing holds up for a whil. The other side is very minimal in terms of scratch but still there. Only replacement CSU's are black:confused: