AM 141

moorey

call me Mia
I don't know what you're waiting for seems like the S1 Privateers are about your size?
S1 - 161 is 445 reach, about 18mm longer than a medium V2 Rune, 10mm shorter than a large (same as a V3 medium).

Only issue is the really steep seat tube makes for a very short top tube length...
Indeed. I did consider those numbers, but I'm sure it would feel off. Reach is sometimes not the only considerations with wacky new fangled geo.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Love the bike.
Interested in your thoughts and reasons on using the 16 degree bars, I was going to get a set of 45mm rise 12 degree bars as really don't like the stock set on my Ripmo AF.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Love the bike.
Interested in your thoughts and reasons on using the 16 degree bars, I was going to get a set of 45mm rise 12 degree bars as really don't like the stock set on my Ripmo AF.
I have the 12 degrees on my Stamina. Prefer them for the more gravity side of things. Really comfortable as it puts your wrists at much better angle and reduces arm pump.
16's I find just work a little better on a trail bike as the speeds aren't as high. Keeps the steering a touch more lively.
I've never looked back after moving to 12 degree + sweep.

rstim

Likes Dirt
I have the 12 degrees on my Stamina. Prefer them for the more gravity side of things. Really comfortable as it puts your wrists at much better angle and reduces arm pump.
16's I find just work a little better on a trail bike as the speeds aren't as high. Keeps the steering a touch more lively.
I've never looked back after moving to 12 degree + sweep.
Thanks for the feedback sounds like I'll be ordering a new bar shortly reckon I'll go 12 degrees to start with to see how I like them.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Still battling a few issues which seems to be the case with me consistently. The Kitsuma first 1st ride lost half it's within 200m. Went back to NSD. New valve and seals installed dyno'd holding air. Same again bang lost air 200m in.
Back at NSD who are stumped on what the issue is. Lucky the stock Float X has arrived for the time being.
Still no Titan frame from Banshee who seem to be draggin their heels a little bit.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Shock issues appear to be finally sorted after a thrashing at Bright. 3rd time lucky fix from NSD. Replaced all seals this time which has done the trick finally. Impressed with the shock so far and Vittoria tyres are exceptional a few rides in.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Do they come with Hunt Trail or Hunt Enduro rims? How do they ride?
This was frame only built with parts from the Prime. These are the V1 Trail Wide. Rear can leak sealant which they've addressed on the V2. Few dings but 18 months hard use I'm very pleased with them.
The rear tyre didn't last long with 2x slashes in the sidewall. Think I'm too heavy for trail casing tyres on the rear.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Looks great. What are your thoughts on the Michelin vs Vittoria vs Hutchinson for the trails you're riding?
Michelin's were good in the loose. Hard pack not so much. Vittorias are great just can't get any. Hutchinsons are as good as the Mazza for loose over hard/pack. I have MSC Grippers to try next

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
EXT looks good. Hope it rides well.

How do you find the 2.5 Griffus on the front? I had 2.4s all round, then recently grabbed some 2.5s to try next on the front because I liked them but front wasn't as Enduro as I wanted. I heard they can measure up big?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
EXT looks good. Hope it rides well.

How do you find the 2.5 Griffus on the front? I had 2.4s all round, then recently grabbed some 2.5s to try next on the front because I liked them but front wasn't as Enduro as I wanted. I heard they can measure up big?
EXT rides so well. Just differently compared on the Stamina.

2.5 is great on the front for trail and some harder riding. It is quite big. More like a 2.6 IMO.