06 Round #3: Coffs Harbour Entry Form, map, etc

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Kram said:
Let go of the brakes and feel yourself getting pulled down the mountain. That's what makes this track so rad. It's one of the fastest tracks around, especially when you consider how tech it is.
That is one of the best descriptions of our track ever. It is spot on. You are very capable of getting the entire way down the mountain without one pedal.....almost. One of the new sections has a slight rise which will get your chain nice and stretched (unless you pin the section before it and don't need any extra speed).

custard

Banned
I Meant the pedaling at lithgow......

its all done now, over done and dusted.. all about the flowers and daisy's now!

Sjman

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
If your going to enter in the event if you would be able to fill out pre entry forms and get them in would really help out the boys in organising the event. need heaps more entrys
cheers

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sjman said:
hey guys,
If your going to enter in the event if you would be able to fill out pre entry forms and get them in would really help out the boys in organising the event. need heaps more entrys
cheers
how many so far?

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
custard said:
its all done now, over done and dusted.. all about the flowers and daisy's now!
I think you will find it's not over just because you say it is. It will be over when you've proven to everyone that you have outlived your old reputation and built a new one. Incidently, this takes a bit longer than it took to build your first one. Getting cracked in the head could be a sign that public opinion is still on the fence. I'm not trying to be a hack on you mate, it's just the way things work.

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just sent my one off then.
So with our entry form does that include the after part on sudnay night?
thanks,
OLI

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Balfa_Oli said:
just sent my one off then.
So with our entry form does that include the after part on sudnay night?
thanks,
OLI
It sure does. The party is free entry, just make sure you buy a nice dinner and drink stuff. I hope you enjoy the movies on the big screen too.:D

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Hey Dozer,
Are we expecting "moist conditions" on the weekend?
Weather forecast down this way is "damp" for most of this week.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Incontinent said:
Hey Dozer,
Are we expecting "moist conditions" on the weekend?
Weather forecast down this way is "damp" for most of this week.
The latest report says we'll have a few showers this week and mainly dry for the weekend. If it rains this week and no rain on the weekend, it will be perfect. If it is dry all week and rains on the weekend, we are going to be really pissed off. The track will be fine but racing in the wet is.......crap. The trail was ridden by about 20 people yesty and it is getting fairly dry and dusty. Some of the newer sections are run in and some corners are very loose. They will bed in okay and that is the intention but there is a lot of surface dirt. Some nice rain during the week would be superb. When the track is wet in the morning and a dry day it is perfect, I'm crossing my fingers for overnight rain for a few days this week.
Don't forget to bring some warm clothes because the mornings are a little bit chilly, I know it is a tropical town but it still gets cold.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Recap....

Just so you guys and gals don't need to go all the way back to the start, I thought I'd give a brief run down again.
-Directions are supplied on the map in the first post of this thread. When you are on the Pacific Highway near the Bruxner Park turn off you will see big red letters and arrows saying "DH". Follow these signs up the road and follow the next few smaller signs saying DH MTB with arrows on them.
-When you turn onto Mt Coramba Rd please drive slowly and quietly. Don't hang out of the car yelling "woohoo.....!!! We're here now! Yeah !" because there is peoples homes around this spot. Please be quiet, drive slowly (25km is fast enough) and be responsible. Downhill riders are on show this weekend and we want you people to give a positive image to new people to the sport. Your co operation is greatly appreciated. Instead of turning left up Taylors Creek road like it used to be, please follow the signs. Taylors Creek Road is not an access point to the track.
-When driving up the road you'll see a sign saying CAR PARK. This is......the car park. You are allowed to drive up to the finish / rego / organiser area and drop all of your gear off. Please then drive (......slowly) back down to the car park and jump on the shuttle bus. Then come up and do your rego and preperation then. This way it saves congestion etc etc. Thanks again.
-Rego will be in a tent with REGO signs on it. I'll be there doing stuff from 6.30am both days so come and say G'day. I want to meet all of the farkin.net people.
-Payment for the event is cash only. We haven't managed to set up the facilities to accept anything else this time around so please, cash only.
-I will have tickets to Sneaky Sound System who are playing at The Plantation Hotel on the Saturday night. I have limited numbers, the tickets are free so be quick and be nice. I also have another handful of cool stuff to hand out to the early birds.....
-The track runs very close to the line up (hopefully we won't have much of one!) for shuttles so while you are waiting for transport you can walk into the nearest spot and have a look.
-For those that raced here a few years back, you need to know that the track is different. It has the same start and middle sections but it doesn't include the old fire road and step down. The trail we are racing on is the Mt Coramba track that is in use. The old trail is now private property and must not be entered. Please abide by these rules or we'll get kicked out.
-The bulk of this event (like most of the events) is done by volunteers. I myself have put a lot of work into making sure that the bits and pieces I'm taking care of are spot on. Some things may not go exactly to plan and hey...shit happens. We are trying our best to get a smile on your face. Please be kind and appreciate the efforts of our volunteer drivers, marshals, rego people, caterers etc etc. They are giving up their time to help you guys and gals have a good time in our beautiful town. We hope you have a cracker of a time. Being the oppurtunist that I am, I'll take this oppurtunity to say Thank You to all of the people who have done anything they could to get this event going. You know who you are and you know it is worth it. Keep up the good work. A special thanks goes out to the local boys who have helped get the track in the fine form it is, well done guys.
-The after party will be at The Plantation Hotel in town after Sunday's racing. All ages are welcome before 9pm, under 18's are not allowed in the gaming area. We have our own section of the building with Black Phoenix Films displaying some cool movies on the big screen. Most people will have dinner, drink beer (or whatever...) and have agood time. The bar is great, the dinner menu is fantastic and the atmosphere will be electric.;)
I'm sure I'll think of something else before I leave to set the tack up soon. PM me or phone me anytime with questions. I'll be checking PM's of a night so you may not get answered during the day. My mobile is 0402 078 541 if anyone needs a question answered.
Please drive safely when you are travelling to Coffs Harbour and enjoy your stay. Above all else, ride the track like it needs to be ridden......no brakes, flat out and having a big 'ol smile on your face.:D

Last edited:

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i am having trouble wiht the map. i am trying to print it off on my printer but it says i need to send a fax to it. Is thius just my computer or are other poepl having the same problem?
Thanks oli

EDIT: just realised that it was my printer settings.
thanks oli

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
a-liner said:
..just to add to that Dozer here is a link to our Yup boys "Speed Thrills " vid ...mostly of the coffs track ..might help dudes out there that want to see some of the track........ all 32 meg of it ..and yes there is no sound a tthe beginning .and parental guidence is necessary.........enjoy.......

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?mem_id=122404&fil_unique=RIPX6dTM228AADNn1hk
Good work bud, the people will be impressed. That film brings back some fond memories......
We had a little bit of rain overnight which I hope landed out on the track to stick it together a bit more. Not long now.....