06 Round #3: Coffs Harbour Entry Form, map, etc

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Well, after alot of delays, its time to check out the event details, entry form and a map of directions.
Attached is info that you need to know about the race.
-Pre entry is appreciated by faxing the form to Ventoux Cycles on the number provided. We can't take any money off entrants until rego because we haven't got the facilities to do so this time around. Please pay your entry fee in cash when you register at the event. We understand this is prehistoric but it is the only option we have at the moment.
-The parking for the event has been a bit of a hassle. State Forests of NSW won't allow all the entrants to park on the side of the road heading up the mountain so we have to park the entrants vehicles at the base of the mountain and shuttle everyone up. This has been done before and it has been a bit of a hassle but we will get it right. We will shuttle people up to the rego and finish area as the transport is full and begin shuttles at 9am. Rego is open from 8am so try and get up there by then. Please arrive as early as you can to get things underway. There is a vehicle running all day from the finish area to entrants cars but please take the things up the mountain that you will need. This is the way it has to be, I've tried to have it all my way but they won't permit it. Without State Forests help though we don't have a race on our wicked track. We're doing whatever it takes to stage it.
-A map of directions is attached also. If you follow this map and don't make any dodgey turns you shouldn't have any trouble. When you turn off the Pacific Highway from north or south, you will drive up Bruxner Park Rd. This road is sealed and winds up a hill. When the road flattens out, the forest gets thicker. Stay on this road, don't turn off it! Follow the road through the winding forest until it flattens out and the forest turns into tall trees. You will see a bus shelter on the right hand side before a bridge. Turn left here into Mt Coramba Rd. The dirt road starts here and there is plenty of peoples' homes. These residents have had trouble with downhillers before so please drive slowly (no more than 20km please) and respect their homes. Parking is at the base of the mountain as directed.
-The Plantation Hotel is hosting the after party (please refer earlier post for details)> It is an all age event with great entertainment from Black Phoenix Films, a great dinner menu and a nice bar. Those who get into rego early on Saturday morning will recieve a VIP pass from me to a show that night at the Planto, they are worth $30 and the act is pretty bloody good.
-Coffs Harbour Cycle club is putting on the catering for the event, toilets are catered for, some product tents are on show, great shuttle vehicles will be on hand, plenty of awesome spots for spectating and photos, an unbelievable track and a great after party. It will be a fantastic event and with your co operation we'll make it the best.
Remember, please take the things you need with you when you get shuttled up the first time. There is a mighty track awaiting your riding style.
Some final details may change so please stay tuned. Thanks to our great sponsors listed on the event flyer and the event details.

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Cheers big fella

.Hey Dozer, thanks for the info and am faxing entry as we speak........I'm getting mildly excited

Last edited:

Stubag

Likes Bikes
Dozer. Long time no see mate. I was up at Mt Coramba on Saturday. The new section at the bottom is cool. The last section with the log into the roll down was pretty sketch for someone who hasnt ridden for a while.:)
Few questions regarding the track. Where will the starting gate be, seeing they have the new tower near up the top? What line will you run near the north shore stuff half way down? Let me know if you need a hand with any more work on the track before the race weekend. I'm keen to lend a hand. I might be able to contribute some prizemoney for elite, through my work as well. Cheers, Stuart.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Stubag said:
Dozer. Long time no see mate. I was up at Mt Coramba on Saturday. The new section at the bottom is cool. The last section with the log into the roll down was pretty sketch for someone who hasnt ridden for a while.:)
Few questions regarding the track. Where will the starting gate be, seeing they have the new tower near up the top? What line will you run near the north shore stuff half way down? Let me know if you need a hand with any more work on the track before the race weekend. I'm keen to lend a hand. I might be able to contribute some prizemoney for elite, through my work as well. Cheers, Stuart.
Why howdy pardner! The track will start at the new tower. The top rock garden hasn't got any B lines so we've decided not to use it this time around. The last log / tree thingo will be fixed very soon. We won't be cutting it down, we'll make something over it. Pm me about the prize stuff, you help and support is greatly appreciated. Like I said, PM me and we'll sort out the weekends proceedings champ.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
dirtdemon said:
Will the track be open for private shuttles on the Friday?
No. The track is closed Thursday and Friday for setting up and final maintenance. If things change, I'll let everyone know.
Monday may be the day for private stuff just look out for people clearing the track after the race.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11 said:
serious? closed friday? dude that's kinda weak

(no offense, I am happy enough just to be racing at Coffs)
We have a fair bit of work to do so the easiest way is to stop people riding. You know the roadworks ad on Tv where they say "If you slow down at roadworks, we'll get there quicker". Well, my ad says "If you let me do my work, you'll have a race track!";). Something like that anyway, trust me, the track is worth the wait.

binner

Hath shat hymself
DHDozer said:
We have a fair bit of work to do so the easiest way is to stop people riding. You know the roadworks ad on Tv where they say "If you slow down at roadworks, we'll get there quicker". Well, my ad says "If you let me do my work, you'll have a race track!";). Something like that anyway, trust me, the track is worth the wait.

Hahhh ahhhh pure gold Mr dozer........

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YES. i get to go!!!
we're staying at the yha. i have never seen pics or anything of the track but i have heard it is really awesome.
i am really looking foward to racing on it.
OLI

Sjman

Likes Dirt
As of lunch time today there were 7 entrys including me This is going to be awsome. SO GET YOUR ENTRYS IN!!!