05 hayes

hazman

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know much about the Hayes Sole brakes, as Arnott mentioned they are specced on the Giant AC-3, wouldn't mind knowing whats the deal with them!

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
arnott said:
One Kill Wonder said:
Thank you captain obvious. :p I know that, but mine continually fall out.
why would yours fall out. has anyone else had this problem
I have had it on the 4 pairs of Hayes i have owned... ummm... DH MTB had it, plangly has it... Giant cooper has it.. basically everyone i know who runs hayes had it.

fatkat

Likes Dirt
They look awesome! its about time that hayes changed their designs!
I'm interested in knowing about the Sole brakes too- as the new AC3 looks the shit for the money

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Daver said:
arnott said:
One Kill Wonder said:
I have had it on the 4 pairs of Hayes i have owned... ummm... DH MTB had it, plangly has it... Giant cooper has it.. basically everyone i know who runs hayes had it.
add Rom to the list.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rom said:
Daver said:
arnott said:
One Kill Wonder said:
add Rom to the list.
so then this is a common thing. how does it happen and how can it be avoided

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
make sure you always use the original hayes pads and you are careful when using other brands. Nothing like driving to thredbo and losing one on the way...

lotec

Banned
add me to that list, one way of minimalising it (if thats a word) is not to buy ebc pads cause teh springs on them are SHIT although you could probably use your old hayes ones anyway but ive had it with the normal hayes ones as well also once when the piston pin thing broke off for absolutly no reason on a brand new brake id never touched the pads in :shock: but i suppose that doesnt count.

hazman

Likes Bikes
Nice off-topic guys, but we're talking 2005 Hayes here, can anyone shed some light on the Sole discs? And lotec, as if you do use Hayes, surely your parents should be buying you the new Ti 42-piston Hopes :roll:

One Kill

Likes Dirt
hazman said:
Nice off-topic guys, but we're talking 2005 Hayes here, can anyone shed some light on the Sole discs? And lotec, as if you do use Hayes, surely your parents should be buying you the new Ti 42-piston Hopes :roll:

Baaaaahahahahaa!!! How true! How true! :lol: :lol:

One Kill

Likes Dirt
Not by choice though. The only reason you run Hayes is because you cant run anything else with the T2's.

lotec

Banned
yes i can i can run deores i think i can run avids and a few others out there :wink: and the t2s are long gone cause they only had 6.5" of travel which i didnt know when i got them [offtopic/]

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
hazman said:
pfft. It's have to be half custom and ano gold to even meet the standards...

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daver said:
arnott said:
One Kill Wonder said:
I have hayes...mine havn't fallen out :?

SPOON

Likes Dirt
Those hayes discs are pretty smick :wink: , the new design looks great too. 8) Lets hope they performance is as gd as the looks.