05 hayes

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys. hayes have completely redesigned their brakes for 05/06 not sure about lever or on release. basically the the caliper look like the new shiano range and the resivoir(lever) has trimed of all excess material. and is also like a shimano brake but with a slight variaton. i do not have nay pics but if you have a look in the august editoin of mtb action in the 05 section there is a piccy there.

Regan

Eats Squid
Here are a few pics of the 05' Hayes El Camino.

The pics show the new 203 and 160mm Hayes rotors.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh those are the ones. will they perform better with the new design or are theyjust trying to save weight and get a new look

Regan

Eats Squid
I'd say they will perform better due to the mono body caliper and better leverage adjustment.

I think the overall look of the brake is nice.

The caliper looks very similar to Shimano.

One Kill

Likes Dirt
Christ! When will they put a pin in the caliper to hold that pads in! If they had that, i would get some of those no-questions-asked.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One Kill Wonder said:
Christ! When will they put a pin in the caliper to hold that pads in! If they had that, i would get some of those no-questions-asked.
the pads stay in without needing a pin. dont you wont to save weight :roll:

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I think this is the first time I've ever got excited about Hayes.

That lever adjustment looks like the shit, its about time they got off their mass production, cheaper for volume ass's and innovated a bit.

Regan

Eats Squid
why would yours fall out. has anyone else had this problem
I've never had any problems with my pads falling out.

Thank you captain obvious. I know that, but mine continually fall out.
If your pads fall out, I'd say the piston post may be bent and/or the pad spring is out of shape.

What pads are you running? e.g. Hayes Sintered, Hayes Semi Metallic or other brand.

rhyno

Likes Dirt
arnott said:
anyone know exact release date or there abouts or the RRP, squid maybe
Well they are coming out on the '05 vario's which are available from october so i'd be guessing that they may be available shortly before then. though thats just a guess.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rhyno said:
arnott said:
Well they are coming out on the '05 vario's which are available from october so i'd be guessing that they may be available shortly before then. though thats just a guess.
what do the vario's look like in comparison to these ones

wombat

Lives in a hole
arnott said:
rhyno said:
arnott said:
The Varios are bikes which will be specced with the El Caminos, not brakes themselves.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
arnott said:
rhyno said:
arnott said:
The Varios are bikes which will be specced with the El Caminos, not brakes themselves.
oops, i knew that :oops: and also i just noticed that the 05 ac3 has new hayes sole brakes, cant get a decent veiw of them though