Search results

1. N

1st aid kits - what do you carry?

What does everybody carry as a first aid kit when going for short rides? I carry a small first aid kit including a compression bandage (for the snakes) and a triangular bandage (for the shoulder injuries) in my Camelback but was hoping to ditch the backpack for the shorter rides this summer...
  2. N

Does this happen to you?

I treated myself recently and now ride a Santa Cruz Hightower 27.5+ It's a beautiful bike and I'm really happy riding it. I've only been riding this beast for about 6 weeks and on 3 separate occasions I've had some random guy at the trailhead tell me "you don't deserve that bike". I'll admit...
  3. N

Gloves with padding - need recommendation

I have recently had surgery on my hands and have some pretty tender scarring on the palms. The TLD gloves I have been wearing for ages have stitching that rubs right over the scars so it's time for new gloves. Can anyone recommend gloves that have padding on the palm to protect my sore paws?
  4. N

27.5+ bike tyre pressures

I'm about to pick up a 27.5+ bike and was wondering if anyone had any info about correct tyre pressures to run in them. I have heard that it is more critical to get tyre pressures correct on the plus size tyres than for the 29er I have been riding.
  5. N

Crankbrothers highline dropper post

After sending my Reverb dropper post off for a warranty replacement every 6 weeks for the past year I'm thinking of replacing it with something else. I'm looking at the Highline dropper post from Crankbrothers. Has anybody used one and can review it for me? Are there other dropper posts...
  6. N

Hello all

Hello all, I've have been lurking for a few weeks since joining this forum & getting a heap of great info so now it's time to introduce myself. I'm a 40+ lady took took up MTB about 3 years ago and love it. It's been great for my fitness & is just so mush fun. I wish I had taken this sport...