Search results

1. N

Trading access

Yes to all of the above (until I have to clean them)
  2. N

NSW "Hidden Valley Classic"

Yay! Great track. I saw a wet wombat last year.
  3. N

1st aid kits - what do you carry?

Most of my first aid has been for other riders who have had a stack & aren't carrying anything to patch themselves up with. The one encounter I have had with a snake was all my fault because I accidentally ran over a black snake having a snooze on the trail and it struck at me but missed. To...
  4. N

Doesn't it get a bit stinky?
  5. N

What does everybody carry as a first aid kit when going for short rides? I carry a small first aid kit including a compression bandage (for the snakes) and a triangular bandage (for the shoulder injuries) in my Camelback but was hoping to ditch the backpack for the shorter rides this summer...
  6. N

Does this happen to you?

Definitely. The Fat Bastard is mine.
  7. N

Rums

It's a possibility!
  8. N

Does this happen to you?

Fantastic! I rode in the Trailstar Borah Banzai at Manilla. The trails are so much fun and it really pushed me to have a go at riding stuff I hadn't done before. No crashes! There were only a few of us in the women's category and we had the best weekend racing each other. Definitely coming...
  9. N

Rums

Dan's also sells Ron De Jeremy reserve rum. Tastes disgusting & has white floaty bits in the bottle. We keep a bottle in the bar for the unsuspecting punter too young to know who the Hedgehog is.
  10. N

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

I didn't know that about the Quick Eze! I've been doing plasma for few years and I get that tingling on the lips every time.... I'm starting to enjoy it.
  11. N

Does this happen to you?

You're my kind of person!!
  12. N

Does this happen to you?

Last weekend at Glenrock was chaos! I had to stop twice to help riders fix their bikes and then some young gun tried to push past me going into the entrance of the Shaft and stacked it badly. I was mean enough to laugh. Week days rides are much more fun but unfortunately my boss doesn't always...
  13. N

Does this happen to you?

Oh it's definitely the younger crowd who make that comment. I was chatting with come cranky old men the other day about my bike and all they said was "I wish my wife would ride mountain bikes too". I like the cranky old men better.
  14. N

Does this happen to you?

Good. I'm not being a princess then! *going to pack some rocks*
  15. N

Does this happen to you?

I treated myself recently and now ride a Santa Cruz Hightower 27.5+ It's a beautiful bike and I'm really happy riding it. I've only been riding this beast for about 6 weeks and on 3 separate occasions I've had some random guy at the trailhead tell me "you don't deserve that bike". I'll admit...
  16. N

Gloves with padding - need recommendation

I have recently had surgery on my hands and have some pretty tender scarring on the palms. The TLD gloves I have been wearing for ages have stitching that rubs right over the scars so it's time for new gloves. Can anyone recommend gloves that have padding on the palm to protect my sore paws?
  17. N

ALL the Best Townsville Crew!!!!

Well if was an NT cyclone it would be "Debbie Does Darwin". Loved reading those News headlines.
  18. N

ALL the Best Townsville Crew!!!!

I have a mate in Airlie Beach who said he has tied everything down, boarded up the windows and chilled the keg so he'll be fine.
  19. N

Borah Banzai - Trail Star series

I've stayed here heaps of times during summer & winter to go flying & it's a great spot for a winter camp. The bonfire pit is enormous! Hopefully the bar will be open.
  20. N

Port to Port MTB 2017 Weekend Warrior Packages

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that the Weekend Warrior package will not be available next year and it will be the full 4-day entries only?