Search results

1. downunderdallas

Fazua Ride 60 riders - Spare battery

This is pretty niche however if you are a Fazua Ride 60 Rider (Transition Relay/Focus Jam2 SL) Rider travelling to Victoria I have purchased a battery and at this stage it is living with my sister in Melbourne. It will facilitate my travel east so long as I go through Melbourne. I intend on...
  2. downunderdallas

Thredbo/Narooma/Eden Trip

Hi All, Looking at a trip Thredbo/Narooma/Eden in late April. Any tips on places to stay in each location? Who to shuttle with? Any other recommendations? Maybe 3-4 of us coming from WA.
  3. downunderdallas

Bucket List Riding - Destinations/Trails

Did a bit of search but didn't find much on this and everything seemed pretty old. I like to travel and bike at least a bit when I do. Thought I'd see from those who have travelled the most, how would you rank bucket list destinations/trails. For those who haven't where would you most like to...
  4. downunderdallas

Pass the relay baton

New Relay Frame - Transition Relay Rear shock - EXT Storia Lok V3 205x 65 (170mm) Front shock/fork - Fox 38 Grip 2 Factory 170mm Handlebars - Renthal Carbon Stem - Anvl or RaceFace Turbine R - need to instal RF Headset - FSA Grips - ODI Saddle - SDG Bel Air 3 Seatpost - One Up Front brake -...
  5. downunderdallas

New Dianella pump track and "skills" area. - Perth

Although I think we spend a lot of money on pump tracks relative to trails, in Perth it is a fair way to get to a trail from most of the city, I'm pretty happy with how these ones are shaping up near my place.
  6. downunderdallas

Sold Small Brand X HT01- Hardtail

Item: Brand X HT01 Hardtail Location: Perth Item Condition: Fair Reason for selling: Boy is bigger Price and price conditions: $400 Extra Info: Have replaced the lad's hard tail - This is a bit of a mix of different things. - Replaced this bike with a Marin San Quentin but have swapped some...
  7. downunderdallas

New (to me) app - Relive

Hi All, Does anyone else use Relive - I quite like the visualisation, I'm too lazy to add in photos or video but you can do that. Hopefully this works...
  8. downunderdallas

Cool Pics/Article on WA MTB in 2020

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/denzilheeger/blog/making-the-most-of-2020-a-photo-annual-perth-wa.html?fbclid=IwAR1MehZgy9Gy-MZ5OmDdAu7HZiXtpabtLF-533UAg3oa46RzD87vJnh-Bo0
  9. downunderdallas

I beat Sam Hill by 4 minutes

It appears Facebook has ripped me of by a minute here but I'm pretty sure it was 4 minutes, no it's back to 4 minutes, man I'm fast :)
  10. downunderdallas

Using a tractor to build trails

Hi All, I am trying to justify to myself buying a tractor. To be honest our 10 acres doesn't actually need that much work that I need a tractor but I thinkit would be really handy and I am thinking I could use it to build some trails much faster than my feeble arms can manage! So am I kidding...
  11. downunderdallas

Remi being Remi

I think this is awesome even if I could ride almost none of it...
  12. downunderdallas

Touching up paint carbon frame

Hi All, Not sure if this should go in the F#ckwits thread but I figure it's not that dumb just lazy. I didn't frame wrap my bike and the paint on the carbon swing arm seems to come off quite easily either from small rocks coming of the tyre or my lack of skill negotiating larger rocks (refer...
  13. downunderdallas

Allen Keys

Hi All, Very basic question, want to buy a decent set of Allen keys. Any recommendations or ones to avoid? Sidchrome, Kinchrome, Wera, Bondhus, Park Tools some other brand, apologies if it's been asked before, did find one thread from 10 years ago, thought maybe different options now? Cheers
  14. downunderdallas

My first timber feature

So I after watching a heap a Seth's bike hacks over the years I decided to build a timber feature, a drop albeit not quite a full on as the one at Seth's old place. It's not quite finished but it's getting there. Ended up being slightly inclined upwards, haven't riddent it yet hopefully works ok!
  15. downunderdallas

Tallest MTB rider in the world

For all you tall riders struggling to get a bike to fit, just listening to a podcast with Luc Longley (the Howie Games Ep 39) and Luc said he's a MTB rider! Not many 7Ft + riders out there I'm guessing, I am also imagining he has a custom made bike but wow that would be a big frame!
  16. downunderdallas

Nannup! New (old) MTB destination + Dwellingup + Collie

For those in WA progress on formalising and professional building of Nannup trails, awesome for when I'm allowed to go down south again! <iframe...
  17. downunderdallas

Memory Lane 1996 World Champs - *lots of photos*

Did anyone else go? Can someone help me with who was doing the trials demo?
  18. downunderdallas

Melbourne - Day Trip Rides

Hi All, I'll be able to compile the Rotorburn MTB Travel guide book by the time I'm finished! Funnily enough Melbourne is easily my most visited city and I have never ridden my bike there, well not properly anyway. So will be staying in Northcote, and will probably only have max 2 riding days...
  19. downunderdallas

Rotoburners Anonymous

Hi Everyone, My name is Anthony and I'm an addict. To Rotorburn dot com I suspected there was a problem when the website was down recently and I was checking, checking, then in desperation found the facebook page and managed to calm my nerves, knowing someone was onto it. Thanks whoever...
  20. downunderdallas

Norco Sight VLT - Longish Term Review

So I acquired this bike in Adelaide (I'm from Perth - none here for sale) in April and promptly broke my wrist on it :) Rode it there on trails I don't know and was enough to convince me ebikes have come far enough for me to indulge. Got it shipped back to Perth, here's a tip you won't want...