Nannup! New (old) MTB destination + Dwellingup + Collie

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More trail building in Dwellingup - how good does this dirt look!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/po...groundtrails/posts/4348741405151339&width=500" width="500" height="729" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Also Collie, dirt so as good but shapes look nice :)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/po...groundtrails/posts/4345708855454594&width=500" width="500" height="631" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look great! Rider has his scandi flick nailed too.
Yes he's a pretty handy rider Jordan did 4 EWS races last year finished as high as 36.

Checked these out in the flesh today well some anyway and they look awesome still fenced off for now unfortunately but Dwellingup is going to be MTB central in WA in October!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez they don't like removing trees out that way.
State build trails so I'm sure the tree removal was kept to a minimum, still looks a lot easier to fit 800 wide bars through than most of the trails here, plenty of trees with gouges at handlebar height!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok have ridden these now hopefully the rest of you over here get a chance to do so soon. The short version ...AWESOME!! (so long as you like flow trails)

The slightly longer version;

Rock On - green loop - very steep climb for a green, also has one section with quite a lot of exposure for a green. The way back down is quite fun you wouldn't drive an hour and a half for this one alone but it's nifty enough I did it twice.

Blue Marron: Personal Fave - this again is a climbing descending loop, it's essentially what is featured in that video from three chillies above, yes it's as good as it looks in the video, no I was nowhere near as fast or stylish as Jordan Prochyra but managed to avoid crashing. There is a fairly short black tech line that is a lot harder than he makes it look in the video and has moderately signficant consequences if you mess it up the wrong way. Trail is so much fun and for mind would not be out of place in Derby.

Inzamia: Blue Descent - ok at the top, nothing extraordinary, cool middle bit with some switchbacks, absolutely awesome end bit with tremendous flow and some big woops (reminded me I think of Sawtooth? at Derby) another cracker of a trail.

Tombstone Blue XC- much more ominous name than this trail deserves it's essentially a connector, a few fun bits mostly A to B stuff.

Busted Nuts: Blue Descent The one with the big hip jump (I'm too much of a wimp to try so far in to two runs) also a heap of other decent size tables most of which I cased the heck out of, especially on run 1. Awesome singletrack pine forrest bits and then opens up at the bottom, fair bit quicker with flowy berms and links in with the bottom of the year 1 green. Great trail if you are a good jumper, I am not but I still enjoyed it, apparently has claimed at least one collarbone today.

Quokka moly: Blue Descent Awesome fun with some slightly smaller tables and more nice berms going into the dual slalom section you might have seen on the socials, pretty cool even better if I can get myself to clear all the jumps...next time.

Karrakatoa; Black Descent - Closed :( still not firmed up yet apparently - still a bit like Christmas - something to be said for not opening all your presents at once.

I was super happy with the trails, not much tech if that is your thing but we do have that in abundance if you want to find it.

The forrest is beautiful, the weather was great, I can see a lot more Dwellingup trips in the future!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

quick vid from yesterday, many caveats, helmet top mount flattens everything but since breaking ribs I don't feel comfortable with chest mount, my bike developed an annoying squeak during the ride, yet to be fully diagnosed, it was my first runs so it's pretty slow and well I'm not that fast anyway and can't jump for sh%t. But after all that if you still are up for it, feel free to click through!

Petero

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately fitness limited exploring many of the trails you have mentioned above.
Did 3 x climbs up captain hook - steep but as mentioned with zero tech (with the exception of one small rock garden).

As an incredibly poor jumper, going from Year One to Busted Nuts was a bit of a shock in terms of what to expect...

Agreed that the bottom section of Inzamia is incredibly quick and flowy (and fun).

Only gripe was the signposting (or lack of) to find the start of the Fault Line climb.

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok so I FINALLY got a chance to ride Nannup since it was opened recently and WA crew, drop what you are doing and head there! It is something seriously special for our state. Is it Derby, well not quite, but it's brilliant. Rode 2 days over 50km's and over 2,100m of climbing. You may have seen this AMB mag vid of WA places
Nannup starts at 5.19.

Can honestly say that WA is now worth a trip, get a local to take you to the Valley/Mundaring around Perth. Head to Collie and Wellington Mills, Nannup, Pemberton and Margs it would make a great week riding.