Search results

1. B

Fox drcv float 32s with ctd advice please.

G'day everybody, yesterday I decided to yous descend mode front and back on some riding at you yangs, the problem iv got is a few times especially going down rock gardens my suspension felt as if it bottomed out snd nearly threw me over the bars? This only happens in descend mode, do I perhaps...
  2. B

Fitness advice for becoming a better rider??

Hi all, Fairly new to riding but very addicted and want to step it up a notch, I'm after people's advice and opinions on exercise and so on to become a better rider. Cheers.
  3. B

Any social mtb clubs?

Hi all, just curious if there are any social meet up clubs around vic at all especially you yangs? I'm just looking for people of any age that just enjoy to ride and have fun, no racing or anything like that, I'm fairly new to riding so I'm still learning alot myself. Cheers
  4. B

Woman's riding clubs??

Hi there, just curious are there any woman's mtb clubs/social ride clubs in melbourne at all? My missus is fairly new to riding and looking for new friends to ride with. Cheers
  5. B

Tubeless setup ( leaking sealant)

Hi all, last week I decided to give tubeless a go, so far so good however after today's ride I noticed sealant coming out from my tyre bead and rim. Is this normal, I'm kinda new to all this so I'm learning as I go. Cheers
  6. B

People's advice on a hardtail bike please?

Hi all, just doing some research on a new hardtail iv been looking at the giant xtc 2, is there somthing else maybe I should look at, it's mainly going to be a second bike for doing light trails and general fitness riding and able to but the baby seat on, cheers.
  7. B

Best ways to clean a chain?

Hi people, just after some tips on the best way to clean my chain/drivetrain, I usually spray degreaser on then use a brush to scrub then hose off however it never seems to get my chain 100% clean, your advice will be appreciated , cheers.
  8. B

Contour roam2 vs gopro (people's thoughts)

Hi all, I'm looking at buying a contour roam2 as they seem like a good deal, however I have no clue regarding video cameras. Are they easy to use easy to upload videos what are people's general opinions, good and bad welcome.
  9. B

yeti 575

http://www.rotorbhttp://www.rotorburn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268474&d=1373772344&thumb=1&stc=1urn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268473&d=1373772344&thumb=1&stc=1
  10. B

Suggestions for a new xc bike.

Hi all, I'm after people's guidance on a good quick xc bike, I recently just got a new scott genius 740 and love the thing, however on flat more xc riding I find it to be a very slow heavy bike, iv had a look today at a scott scale 930 are they a good thing? Or can people suggest somthing else...
  11. B

New bike help/ advice in urgent need!

Hi all, I'm majorly confused and need your help in being pointed in the right direction , I'm fairly new to biking however majorly addicted! I started off on a 2nd hand fuel 9 and just upgraded to a new scott genius 720. My problem is I think I enjoyed the fuel more and was faster on it, now iv...
  12. B

Rockshox reverb stealth/ best place to buy?

Hi all, I'm after a 31.6 380mm rockshox reverb seatpost can yous let me know the best place to buy one from? Cheers
  13. B

Knee pain / injury. Advice needed please!

Hi all, I'm currently experiencing stiff sore knees, I have had major surgery to one knee some yrs ago however I'm scared that maybe mtb riding is doing me more damage then good, I only started riding gain late last yr now I'm addicted and try go youyangs every weekend however now in worried...
  14. B

2013 Scott genius 740 (people's thoughts)

Hi all, iv got my eyes on a new scott genius 740, people experiences / thought and feed back in this bike would be much appreciated! Cheers
  15. B

Woodend mtb track (advice please)

Hi all, I was planning on a ride at you yangs tomorrow however iv been told its closed due to flood damage, so now I'm thinking of going for a drive and ride to woodend, I'm after people opinions and advice on if it's ok to ride in these condition etc? Cheers
  16. B

Woodend mtb track (advice)

Hi all, I was just informed that you yangs will be closed over the weekend due to flood damage! So I was thinking of going for a drive to woodend and try the tracks there, basically just after some general advice on if its ok to ride on with crappy weather conditions etc. your info will be...
  17. B

Social mtb club/rides in melbourne

Hi there everybody, just wondering if any body could point me in the right direction of and mtb clubs for beginer riders in western suburbs melbourne? Cheers
  18. B

Urgent need of a good bike mechanic in melbourne.

Hi guys, please help..... I'm after good honest service. Iv found the couple bike mechanics iv tried are useless, I live in western suburbs melbourne, your suggestions would be a great help, also it is for mountain bikes. Cheers
  19. B

2012 trek fuel ex9 bottom braket. Please help.

Hi all, I feel abit silly asking this however I'm fairly new to riding and still learning alot, I have a 2012 fuel 9 and the bottom bracket is in need of replacing, can some body tell me what the standard one is and what a good upgrade would be? I have searched the trek website and cannot find...
  20. B

Mtb tyres!!! Suggestions please.

Hi all, I'm abit confused with which way to go with mtb tyres, I currently have a trek fuel ex 9 and majority xc riding but occasionally riding down rocky tracks. Cheers