Mtb tyres!!! Suggestions please.

Baino

Likes Bikes
Hi all, I'm abit confused with which way to go with mtb tyres, I currently have a trek fuel ex 9 and majority xc riding but occasionally riding down rocky tracks.

Cheers

Y8sy

Likes Bikes
speaking from my own experience, if you choose to go towards schwalbe tyres, get either double defence or snake skin versions. The others, performance line, etc, have paper thin sidewalls, one look at a rock and you will be buying a new set again very shortly.
I've got racing Ralph snake skin tyres on my 29er hard tail, and I think they're a great XC tyre. Low rolling resistance, grippy in most conditions and light weight.

ride_29er

Likes Dirt
Assuming your ex is new, they come standard with bontrager xr4's? I run bontrager tires on my fuel ex 8, a xr4 front and xr3 rear. The xr4 is really grippy and the 3 on the rear makes for better acceleration being a little faster rolling. I love the combo. Although if your looking for something faster rolling possibly go xr2's and maybe and xr3 on the front to provide a little more grip throughthecorners. This is just my 2 bob.

Bodin

GMBC
Assuming your ex is new, they come standard with bontrager xr4's?
Just bought a new 2013 EX9 last month and it comes stock with XR3 Teams. I'm running them tubeless on the stock wheels using the Bontrager rim strips and can't fault their performance.

Great all round set 'n forget kind of tyre, although I'm tempted to grab an XR4 for the front for gnarlier rides and an XR2 for the rear for the odd race here and there.