Search results

1. O

Skoda Yeti - anyone have any experience?

I bought a boring-as-batshit corolla in 2006. The problems so far are (it's up to 110,000km)... the backlight for the clock on the dash has gone out. CBF replacing it. Don't know if I'd buy a DSG equipped car after the recent press about them. I don't care so much about the problem (every...
  2. O

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Did a couple of laps this afternoon. The maintenance crew have done a nice job! The rock armouring up the top end and the berm near the end of the south side track are very nice, as is the berm before the blue/black split on the main track. Quite busy today. Couple of families down there with...
  3. O

So what are your thoughts on scooters? Have you got one?

Nuff said. It's been true since 11/08/2000...
  4. O

Confessions from the fuckwits

You'll heal (though the nasal bone sounds painful)... What happened to the bike?
  5. O

Shut up Legs!

It's probably worth noting that if you're reasonably MTB fit (as noted above, basically interval training), it's a fairly quick process to build up endurance. Speed is another issue. If you push yourself reasonably hard and keep going as far as you can you'll find the distance becomes less of...
  6. O

Shut up Legs!

I've never found that position particularly effective for it, but each to their own :D
  7. O

Little Things You Love

I'm having a late lunch and nearly bloody choked. Thanks. :pound::pound:
  8. O

Shut up Legs!

The expression I've heard for longer rides is 'eat before you're hungry, drink before you're thirsty'. Makes a huge difference to your fuel levels.
  9. O

I drove past OMV this afternoon wondering if it would be open as it's been 4 days since rain (noticed the twitter feed was wonky last time I checked). Definitely closed so I rode Quarry Rd Trail instead. Ground was very soft so it seems it's a good call to keep OMV closed...
  10. O

Novelty birthday cake

Just realised your sister may have been having a subtle go at your riding skills. The bike is still upright and apparently rideable - how easy does she think you come off?
  11. O

Novelty birthday cake

That's Cool!
  12. O

I rode the top half of the trail yesterday afternoon. It was a bit soft in a couple of small places (most notably on the south loop just before the fork between the blue/black trails, but in general it was very good. I took it pretty easy. Something's odd with twitter though - the tweet from...
  13. O

Miniscule

My 3 daughters love it. My wife and I cannot stand it. At. All. The constant buzzing noise is perfectly matched to the frequency of a drill boring into your skull. That said, it's mildly amusing with the volume on mute :rolleyes:
  14. O

That's a bummer. I was planning on hitting the trail this afternoon. I'll have to break my record of never riding up the fire trail too - I always take the uphill bit behind the pool. Still, half of the trail is better than no trail...
  15. O

How can I determine my optimum cadence and heart rate while training?

That's interesting, and it shows how reliable cadence training is. I'm exactly the same height and weight as you, and yet I find that after a reasonably spirited ride over say 80km at a bit over 30kmh avg I'd average about 85-88 odd rpm. In races I'm higher, commuting I'm lower. As you said...
  16. O

Broken GoPro casing???

Nice one! Glad it worked out for you.
  17. O

You know you're getting old when ...

+1 Have you watched the octonauts? Thunderbirds done in cgi and underwater...
  18. O

How can I determine my optimum cadence and heart rate while training?

There are some decent books on training with HR. Mostly it's just a pretty line on a graph though. Kinda like a tacho on a car - you know when you're revving it's ring out without having to see. I'll see if I can find the links to the books. As for cadence, keep it between 80-100. I find...
  19. O

Broken GoPro casing???

Spare case lenses are available in a pack. Just search the usual suppliers or google... They're not overly expensive, I think.