Search results

1. gnarly_rider

Yackandandah XC Trails (Yack Tracks)

Got back out to the Yack Tracks on the recent 'pseudo' long weekend. Very nice guys, very nice! And pretty busy too. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Beechworth. Signposts the whole way, great trailhead parking and nice big map at the trailhead as well. Trail info...
  2. gnarly_rider

The Forrest Thread

Never ridden that, is it all fire track (looks like it)?
  3. gnarly_rider

The Forrest Thread

Now if only Forrest has some shuttle-able descents like those at Blue Derby (Tassie), I'd be a very very happy camper. Not that I'm not already a happy Forrest camper..... :dance:
  4. gnarly_rider

This needs to be incorporated into a commuting jersey

Would work well on the back window of the car as well. I am surprised they haven't a censored version aka 'Fu%$#&g' for sale as well, for the reasons a few have mentioned. Would likely get a few more sales that way
  5. gnarly_rider

Mt Buller - All you need to know

I'm guessing a (significant?) part of the problem is that the DH trails are handled by the ski lift company, whilst the XC trails are managed by the resort. So two different management groups, with likely differing agendas, etc....
  6. gnarly_rider

Mt Buller - All you need to know

That really does suck. I loved descending that beast at the end of the weekend a couple of times. Confirmation here if you are looking for it: http://www.bike.mtbuller.com.au/trail_report.php Both under the Trail Status section, and the Trail Closures section further down. LOL: my avatar...
  7. gnarly_rider

Yarra Trails regulars

Having spent all day out yesterday with the SES on the saws (3300 jobs including 1100 trees down on roads!!!!!) , I'm gonna take a wild punt that there will be a ton of trees down on the tracks now... :wacko: So take it easy on those blind corners folks, and if you've got one, take a folding...
  8. gnarly_rider

One day to ride in SA - need advice

make sure you take some floaties...... :dance:
  9. gnarly_rider

Thanks for the info! I'll may try for 8am, but last time, it was 0 degrees celsius, which was highly unmotivating.... :smow: And it also depends on what bub duties I have to attend to first... :bathbaby:
  10. gnarly_rider

Thanks for the update, I was wondering whether they had been signposted since I rode there a few months back. Will be out there this Sunday perhaps, though I don't think I'll make the 8am YOBBOS ride!! Edit: The most important part of @4wdphil's link: the Trail Map PDF...
  11. gnarly_rider

Yarra Trails regulars

but we have had about 22mm over the last 4 days so :rain: And the rest of the week will only compound it....
  12. gnarly_rider

The Forrest Thread

FYI : I particularly like this little closing comment :spy:: http://www.rideforrest.com.au/
  13. gnarly_rider

Yarra Trails regulars

If you were really unlucky, you might get choked as you rode by...
  14. gnarly_rider

Missing bloke up at Buller

Still no news, just more details http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/wife-of-taddeo-haigh-pleads-for-public-help-to-find-her-husband-in-victorias-alpine-region/news-story/0da79611e328766aa8523ce8c327fd3c
  15. gnarly_rider

Carrying 4 bikes- how do you?

Brill! Found it, not on their website yet, but looks good. tx
  16. gnarly_rider

Carrying 4 bikes- how do you?

They do? Can you provide a link: Looked all over their site, and cannot find a pivoting rack (I assume you mean pivoting down from the hitch like ISI, so you can access the rear door of SUVs). Also looked on their Facebook site briefly, but couldn't see such there either...
  17. gnarly_rider

Yarra Trails regulars

Or perhaps a highly-vibrating bike? :drum: [That reads rather dodgily in hindsight....]
  18. gnarly_rider

Storing bikes on balcony.

+1 (10 chars)
  19. gnarly_rider

Going on the trails with a baby seat frame bolted on

I'm certain strapping the bub in will resolve this issue... Oh, and I think we'd all love to see some GoPro footage of this!!! :happy:
  20. gnarly_rider

looks like a trek?

And the 'seller' has zero ebay history...