Search results

1. G

Trance pivot bearing problem

when you started having trouble, did you consider dropping into CBC bearings or equivalent with the old ones to get replacements? would be a LOT easier at a proper bearing place (might or might not even be cheaper). I get any bearings I need from them for my bike or motorsport hobbies. easier...
  2. G

(compressed) air tank.

You might be right. We were getting staff discount originally, and it might have gone up since then (been ages since I really looked at the cost).
  3. G

(compressed) air tank.

Similar to me. While I don't use disposable cylinders, I have a G size nitrogen bottle with regulator and hose from BOC, and a servo pump end in the hose (can't remember where I got that from, was years ago, might also have been them). Bottle rental is about $40 or $50 a year from memory, and...
  4. G

Wasn't planning on going 1x but...

you can use the current 10 speed rings with 11 speed at a later date. same inner width for the chain (using one myself)
  5. G

Mounts for Garmin 800

for a local alternative you can try http://www.promountbillet.com/ pretty good and not as pricy as kedge
  6. G

How do you reconcile ?

I've been clipped (no injuries, and the guy never even realised), but my biggest thing is the idiots who deliberately target you. gotten so if I can't ride bikepath, or at least a shoulder, I'm not riding (which means I'vev not ridden for about 2 months now, as I've had things preventing me for...
  7. G

Preventing damage from bars hitting top tube

if your really worried about it, you can get a roll of that stick-on foam rubber from bunnings. about 15 to 20mm wide and various thicknesses available (used it for a number of non-bike stuff to pack something out and stop vibrations of batteries/electronics or prevent marks when cable tying...
  8. G

Chain reaction cycles

No issues with CRC, placed an order on the 1st, got it in about a week and half. Wiggle on the other hand. Same day for the order, and still not here 4 weeks later (and they refuse to even look at it for another 2 weeks to see if there's anything wrong on their end).
  9. G

Tubeless Pain - Mavic CrossRoc

My vote's with this. I had issues with air leaking out around the valve, nearly destroyed the valves trying to tighten them up and seal them, tried O-rings, other valves. In the end it turned out the tape had been dislodged slightly when I was mucking around seating the tyre and didn't reseal...
  10. G

DT Swiss hub upgrade- 36 tooth star: Giant TRX wheels

That's the US site. If you look the same wheels up on the Aus one it says 36 tooth. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/gear/product/2015.giant.p.trx.1.27.5.wheelsystem/2984/63218/ Like I said, pull it apart and check what's in there (shouldn't be that hard to do, most of them are tool free...
  11. G

DT Swiss hub upgrade- 36 tooth star: Giant TRX wheels

Check them first. A lot of the ones coming in bikes already have the 36 tooth cogs (my 2013 Specialized bike did, and the giant site indicates that your bikes wheelset might have them). If they don't have them yet, then yes you can update to the 36. Note, if you get a "service kit" for these...
  12. G

Fitting an E2 XT front derailleur to a 2013 Specialized Epic Frame

The bolt I used was actually one from the seatpost bottle cage clamps which came with the bike and I don't use. I can't remember, but you might be right about needing a longer cable. Only half, not fit enough for the full, but it was still a fun ride.
  13. G

ok, here's a pic. Sorry for how dusty it is, I rode the Fling on Sunday, and work's kept me from cleaning it off since then.
  14. G

Yes, I put an E2 XTR 985 on my 13 Epic Expert Carbon. The X7 should have a mounting plate it's attached to that then attaches to the bike (from memory, there's 3 holes in it. the rear one has a screw directly to the frame, the middle is the rear FD bolt and ends up in the middle of the pivot...
  15. G

easy way to get uphill?

Also, depending where you live, the "lawn mower engine" option will be illegal too (more than one state have banned them on or off road due to kids killing themselves with them, and it's only a matter of time till the other states follow suit). As others have said, work on the fitness. It'll...
  16. G

Alternatives to isopropyl alcohol?

depends how big an area you want to cover and if you want to drown it in the stuff. When looking for some a while back, I asked at the chemist about it, and they pointed me to the sterilization swabs they use before giving needles. It's a small cloth impregnated with 70% Isopropyl that...
  17. G

Confessions from the fuckwits

Umm, you definitely picked the right thread. B spec shifters are compatible with A spec brakes (I know I've got that combo), it's B spec brakes that aren't compatible with A spec shifters! Depending on the combo determines which of the supplied mounting bolts to use (should have been 2 lots...
  18. G

Chain reaction cycles

got a great result with them last week. Ordered early Monday (roadie tyres, tubes, chain guide), and took the free shipping. Still sent DHL (from Ireland) and got them that Thursday morning! Now the following week, I'm got to order a few more things, and what's the bet it takes a couple weeks...
  19. G

Home Air Compressor

got one of the small compressors that plug into the cars lighter, but don't actually use it on bike tyres. If the floor pump doesn't work in seating a tubeless tyre, I've got a large nitrogen gas bottle I use for filling a lot larger volume tyres for my other hobby, and it works wonders in...
  20. G

Sold - 2011 RS SID XX WC 120mm Dual Air 26er Forks

Bumping as still for sale, and with price reduction.