easy way to get uphill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote

Squid
I'm looking for a good method of getting around trails.

along the lines of something with a motor.
was just looking at ways to convert a old lawn mower engine into a form of propulsion,
possibly a pocket bike.
Not looking for a motorbike. but this may be the only method.

What method do you guys use?

If you need to know I off-road Rollerblade so i figure you guys would be in the know.
or is it a simple case of walking up??

I was on some steep descents yesterday was killing me walking up them.

coyote

Squid
I'm being deadly serious.
going down was the most fun I'v had in a while. but walking up was horrible.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are no short cuts. Do the hard yards like the rest of us. Enjoy the fitness you will eventually acquire. Tell anyone you come across with an ebike or petrol bicycle to HTFU.

coyote

Squid
just so you know i was at the Erica black diamond runs yesterday.
in an unmarked section. I thought was a trail.
some of you may know it.

From the starting point you go to the right. shit was ridiculous.
It's a fair bit wider than the actual mountain bike runs.

gc49

Likes Bikes
Also, depending where you live, the "lawn mower engine" option will be illegal too (more than one state have banned them on or off road due to kids killing themselves with them, and it's only a matter of time till the other states follow suit).

As others have said, work on the fitness. It'll even help a little on the downhill bits in the long run if you're fitter.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Walk up, been happy you only need to carry blades up and not push a 20kg bike up awkward trails. IN all seriousness you could probably develop some weird contraption but most people just shuttle or walk. The problem with the contraptions is you need to figure out how you get it from the top to the bottom, the only option is you ride down with it, this really limits what you can use.

I use a jet pack , gotta watch out for the trees a bit though.

Multi account perhaps?
I heard the other day jetpacks are really close to been on the market, they last about 30min can go up to 75km/h and up to a heights of 3000ft.
They are in the prototype stage and have tested them, they are now in the funding stages to get it to market.

Ok they are going to cost $200,000 but one day maybe you will be taking a jet pack to the shops.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Elephant in the room? E-bike motherfuckers!!!! Coyote...hyena...black something else...where do these dick smugglers come from?

Or 29 inch wheels on your shit blades bro.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
1. Purchase a sonic the hedgehog costume
2. litter your locals trails with gold hula hoops
3. proceed at a rapid pace, or in lamends terms "Go Fast"

Attachments

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
it's funny because it's a joke. people who take offence to everything are what is wrong with the world today.
Yeah, go fuck yourself mate.

It's alright for you when the joke isn't at your expense. Let's go back to making jokes about black people then if it's all ok.

Some of my mates that are gay, including some guys in SF roles would twist your fucking head off if you told that joke in front of them.

Use your fucking brain.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah, go fuck yourself mate.

It's alright for you when the joke isn't at your expense. Let's go back to making jokes about black people then if it's all ok.

Some of my mates that are gay, including some guys in SF roles would twist your fucking head off if you told that joke in front of them.

Use your fucking brain.
case in point... i have gay friends too.

Status
Not open for further replies.