Search results

1. mcstackin

Freddo frogs ??????

What the hell happened to the size of the once great freddo frog ???? I raided the kids chocky bin and found the freddo frog has gone on a huge weight loss program and are now ,nearly half the size they once were. This is a major tragedy to all who love the humble (and also very tasty ) frog as...
  2. mcstackin

Need a new bike .

Hi to everyone out there , i'm looking at getting my wife a new bike ( just the sort of bloke I am) and need a few ideas on what people reckon . She does like the Norco storm 6.1 and the Giant talon 2 both 2012 models and wants to spend around $600 and doesn't want a giant glory for some strange...
  3. mcstackin

Neck brace ?

After riding downhill for a while now (not very fast ) I think I need to get a neck brace of sorts . I've got a 661 comp helmet and some old fox armour and just wondering what sort of brace will go with it . I don't do any races ,as I think im too old and slow for that shit, and only ride...
  4. mcstackin

New bike for teenagers ?

I need to buy a new bike ,well 2 actually, for my twin teenage boys who will be 14 soon . I,ve been looking at the GT aggressor which seems to be not to bad for price (440$) with a few extras . If anyone can give me an idea or two on what else is about for that price or if the gt's are good...
  5. mcstackin

Last days of good weather

It may be the last few good days of riding left ( if the gods above crack it ) so im trying to get sunday in at mikes Iride at Apollo bay .He needs at least 10 riders to make a go of it, so fellow riders ,give him a call and lets have good run while its gunna be a tops weekend ,plus I really...
  6. mcstackin

saint or zee

I need to upgrade the front brake on my old glory as the juicy 5s are knackered. I've got a saint on the rear ,which compared to the juicy, is bloody awesome. The question is do I go another saint or give the zee a shot as the budget is a bit tight. I know what the different specs are I just...
  7. mcstackin

widget chainring?

I was thinking about putting a Widget chainring on my 08 STP but dont know to much about them . Are they any good as i believe they are easy to fit . Iv'e also converted to single ring on the front with standard cassette on the rear. Any ideas would be good . Thanks . RIDE ON .
  8. mcstackin

Raceface atlas or evolve dh bars

Can anyone tell me where i can get Raceface atlas or evolve dh bars? I live about an hr north of Melb and there are no bike shops anywhere near me . Been looking on C.R.C and BSMD but they dont have what im after( 780 wide ). Ive tried other bars and found the evolves the most comfy (must be the...
  9. mcstackin

headset bearings

I need to replace the bearings in my 08 giant glory head stem but dont know what sort to put in. Can i replace them with a cartridge/sealed type or do i have to go original bearing race type ? It's got a 1.5 tapered head tube if thats any help. happy riding
  10. mcstackin

buggered raceface crank

Just completely buggered my raceface evolve crank , and now wondering what i can/should replace it with. Will any other crank fit or would it have to be raceface as it is only the right side thats knackered. I dont really want to buy new ones as everything else is still alright. cheers
  11. mcstackin

Mining in Wombat State Forest

Not sure if many people have heard , but i believe good ol teddy has given the go ahead to do the extraction of 5000 tons of ground material from the wombat state forest, which if successful will lead to an application for a bigger mining operation. As far as I know it's been kept pretty...
  12. mcstackin

hangin for easter mon

cant wait for easter mon to go for a fang at iride . hope the weathers good i think the days are numbered.
  13. mcstackin

40s now straight

thanks to the fellow riders for the info . after a bit of muckin about me and my two young fellas managed to get em straight again and i think they may have learnt a few new swear words ........ cheers
  14. mcstackin

twisted 40s

does any one know how to fix twisted fox 40s ? mine are out about 1/2 inch or so so my bars are,nt straight. starting to annoy me on a run ....... any ideas would be great
  15. mcstackin

copperhead at mt buller

me and a mate spent the day at buller .copper head is fairly smooth just needs a season to bed in reckon.heaps of people all doing the same thing and loving it . cant wait to get up there again see you on the trail .
  16. mcstackin

shimano saint what disc?

getting a new shimano saint brake system. dunno what disc rotor to get maybe the xt disc or the ice 203 mm .
  17. mcstackin

new brakes

i need new brakes for my glory . shimano saints / hopes or avids any ideas would be much appreciated. ride on
  18. mcstackin

fox 40s

about to fit new fox 40s to my 08 glory1 does anyone know if i,ll have any probs
  19. mcstackin

mongoose fireball 24

can any one tell me about the mongoose fireball 24 as i am thinking about getting 2 for my twin 11 year old boys .i've had enough of them riding my glory o1