Need a new bike .

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
Hi to everyone out there , i'm looking at getting my wife a new bike ( just the sort of bloke I am) and need a few ideas on what people reckon . She does like the Norco storm 6.1 and the Giant talon 2 both 2012 models and wants to spend around $600 and doesn't want a giant glory for some strange reason. She's only 5'2" or 157cm tall . Okydoky that's about all I think so ta.

Hyped

Likes Bikes
My wife bought a Trek Marlin WSD 29er earlier this year. She's about 5,6 and been pretty happy with it, was a 2012 model discounted to about 600. Spec is decent (SRAM X4), fork has lockout, mechanical discs are avarage but easy to swap in hydros. It's a good looking ride too, which was her main consideration :p

razorgrass

Cannon Fodder
just the sort of bloke you are... nice one

Had a look yesterday at the bike shop they are out of the Norco's, but could order one in, only prob is they didn't have the colour you wanted. So as you're that type of bloke I reckon you should reach further into your moth ridden wallet and splash out a bit more & get wifey a decent ride...

Adios

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
Had a look yesterday at the bike shop they are out of the Norco's, but could order one in, only prob is they didn't have the colour you wanted. So as you're that type of bloke I reckon you should reach further into your moth ridden wallet and splash out a bit more & get wifey a decent ride...

Adios
yeah what ever ..............thanks anyway she'll keep lookin about ,something will come up (maybe an Aurum) eventually .

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
My wife bought a Trek Marlin WSD 29er earlier this year. She's about 5,6 and been pretty happy with it, was a 2012 model discounted to about 600. Spec is decent (SRAM X4), fork has lockout, mechanical discs are avarage but easy to swap in hydros. It's a good looking ride too, which was her main consideration :p
ok thanks for that but she's not to fussed on 29ers and like you said the look is all important . Cheers for the info anyway .

Whitie

Likes Dirt
Hi to everyone out there , i'm looking at getting my wife a new bike ( just the sort of bloke I am) and need a few ideas on what people reckon . She does like the Norco storm 6.1 and the Giant talon 2 both 2012 models and wants to spend around $600 and doesn't want a giant glory for some strange reason. She's only 5'2" or 157cm tall . Okydoky that's about all I think so ta.
Being the wife in our family(along with 15 bikes!) and 5ft 1&1/2(very important). I started off on a cheaper bike (Giant Boulder) and soon outrode it as I got more game and skilled.
I now have a 2010 Merida TFS Trail 400? (hard tail) with upgraded forks(Recon Gold) and a 2011 Giant Reign (hubby thought I would like that more than a ring - which I got later anyway :hail:) and there's no way I'd handle a 29er.

But I agree maybe you should up the budget a little more to get a little more life out of the bike (cheaper in the long run) and more enjoyable to ride. I owned a half share in Specialized Big Hit 3 (but soon got overtaken) and my boys got the Norco Aurums!!

Last edited:

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
To all out there ,thanks for the input . We just picked up a NORCO storm forma 7.1 in 27.5 inch . Its a good looking bike and fits really well with a good colour paint job (very important). We picked it up from the ANGRY BUTCHER bike shop in Sunbury as they have really looked after me and our two boys with their bikes and service as well as riding gear . We are just about to head out on our maiden ride along the traawool rail trail which should be fun . ok cheerio .