Search results

1. D

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Right?! This is my number one pet peeve. The worst is the people who come barreling out of a shop and onto the footpath into a stream of traffic without slowing down or looking at all. Or walk around blind corners at high speed and cut the apex. I think the same principals should be applied...
  2. D

Redbull Rampage 2015

Where'd you see that?
  3. D

VIC Ves 2015

Canadian 6 Hr - Round 6 VES, Ballarat Sunday 18th October 2015 Do you know if we'll be allowed to ride a practice lap on the Saturday?
  4. D

I didn't want to do this, but.... Howling/vibrating Zee brake on Devinci Dixon.

I had an identical sounding problem on my DH bike, it turned out to be a resonance issue between the frame and rotor. Fixed it completely by wrapping some lead tape around the seat stay which just slightly changes the resonant frequency of the frame.
  5. D

Did I get played like a fiddle? (bikeshop)

So the store shouldn't have agreed to reserve it. They should have been honest and explained that they can't reserve things because either someone else might want to buy it, or people tend not to pick things up. They both entered into a verbal agreement. The OP held up his end, the store did...
  6. D

Did I get played like a fiddle? (bikeshop)

That's fine, but in this case the store agreed to reserve it. If you are intending to sell it if someone else wants it, then you should have the common decency to tell the guy.
  7. D

$60 for 4 Race Photos?!

I don't disagree, the price does seem quite high to me. But my point is, people seem to be complaining about it as though they're being inconvenienced by having someone take their photo and offer it for sale.
  8. D

$60 for 4 Race Photos?!

So would you rather no one take your photograph in the first place? I guess I'm confused as to what makes you feel as though you're entitled to have someone take your photograph and then sell it to you at a reasonable price, in the first place. It's like anything else in life. The...
  9. D

$60 for 4 Race Photos?!

The photographer is going to charge whatever amount gets them the most profit, you can't blame them for this. If they're charging too much, they wont sell many photos and they will be the ones losing out, not you. They will drop their prices for the next time and everyone will be happy.
  10. D

Comm games MTB on now

How is what you added to the conversation any more useful?
  11. D

Comm games MTB on now

Let's play how many ways can the lead commentator get Catharine Pendrel's name wrong
  12. D

Whistler 2014!!

September in my opinion is the best time to go. You can save lots on an end of season pass, and school holidays have finished so the trails are deserted. It's also nice and cool so you can do laps all day long. Just make sure you're going for at least a couple of weeks, because you will probably...
  13. D

Video footage request of BUXTON MTB park please...

I have helmet cam footage of one of my laps from the Buxton Bootcamp race last year, would that do?
  14. D

Vibrating Rear Brake, Merida 120, NSW

I used to have vibration/fog horn when braking heavily in the rear and it turned out to be a resonance issue between the rotor and frame. I wrapped a bit of lead tape around the seat stay which slightly changed the frequency at which the frame resonated at, problem solved.
  15. D

Fork pulsing under braking load

I might be way off base here, but I used to have vibration when braking heavily in the rear and it turned out to be a resonance issue between the rotor and frame. I wrapped a bit of lead tape around the seat stay which slightly changed the frequency at which the frame resonated at, problem...
  16. D

Snakes

Came across a snake at the Youies today, looked angry :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBCR2TznVQ
  17. D

Dan Atherton Warm Up, Post Operation

Amazing riding. I wish people would stop using video stabilization for helmet cam runs on YouTube
  18. D

You yangs cressy descent track 13

Yeah, first time I went through there after the changes I smashed my left pedal on that rock at high speed and almost went OTB. Also a little disappointed they bermed up that off-camber left hander afterwards, used to be so fun drifting around that.
  19. D

Lysterfield new all mountain trail "Aneurysm"

Looks good. So I take it the trail is open now?
  20. D

stay safe and stop on the red

Glad you're ok. Sounds like he was completely in the wrong, but trying to talk reason with the unreasonable in the heat of the moment rarely works out well. Shame you didn't have an actual camera on your helmet, that would have made for some good footage.