Search results

1. jathanas

Errols loop closed permanently :(

Bad news but in 1 sense I'm just glad to have ridden it. Such an underrated and challenging single-track loop.
  2. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

AC yes, that was me on my first ride in a month! :) I'm so sorry I didn't say hi mate. I might have been working myself a bit hard so I didn't see you. F**k it was nice to be out there again. To answer Casnell, I'm uncertain if all teenagers eventually become human, but I pray that mine do...
  3. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

Found my way to Hans for the first time in months. It seems to have held up, but one could not declare it to be in tip top. Hasn't been for years. The chicane leading to the tree section is more suited for Benny Hill chase scenes. :) Well done to all who volunteered their time to perform...
  4. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

LOL. How (not) to introduce your better half to MTBing 101.
  5. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

+1 Thanks for sharing MTB, great write-up. Living in Warrandyte has me spoiled for choice if getting elevation is what I'm after. :D
  6. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

Happy new year George. Are you sure we wouldn't be imposing? We could always defer it for a week mate. Cheers, Jim
  7. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I'll be around. See you then.
  8. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I've ridden that pebble bit 3 times tops. :) my rides there are usually around sugarloaf and happy valley. A coffee sounds great. I'm in. I'm yet to meet JD so it would be killing 2 birds w the same stone.
  9. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

Good conversation. I'm happy to meet and discuss face to face over a coffee or 3. There's nothing romantic about an MTB park, it's just that I don't think it can all be official i.e. from Collingwood to Beazleys. The realist in me says we have to give something up. Candlebark and the terrain...
  10. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I agree mate and feel excited by the discussion. Happy trails on the weekend. :)
  11. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I can't see that any of the local regulars would drive anywhere George, it'd simply mean staying on the bike-path until you hit the official trail. That's fine. We'd have to give something up in order to get a whole lot more in return. I might be Robinson Crusoe with this point of view. :)
  12. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I understand mate. I'm not suggesting that we go with my plan. Far from it! I'd love to hear what everyone has to say. I feel that we need some inspiration to help us all imagine what can be. We should ask ourselves some basic questions. How would we do it today if we were to start from...
  13. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I think we should all be a little more ambitious about what can be achieved at Candlebark. We want dedicated MTB trails and with the right amount of imagination we can get support for our vision from local business (cafes in James St etc). It is possible to create momentum. If the Plenty...
  14. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

100% agree, again with all due respect to George. The premise that the YTs are "natural" and worth preserving in their current state is wrong IMHO. They're ordinary at best, and they happen to be in a state of decline. They also exist in a grey zone as far as being legal goes (good luck w'...
  15. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

Charlie I've been crying out for years about the spear-like branches placed beside the trail e.g. the stuff around the GSB section in Hans. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Plain dangerous. It's not natural, and it doesn't exist anywhere else in such a blatantly negligent manner. Some poor...
  16. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I think people should be allowed to have concerns about Hans getting trashed, whether they maintain it or not (I agree that we should all chip in to keep the trails in good shape however). Sure, the MTBer that gets off his arse to move a fallen branch, or to drain a puddle has more of leg to...
  17. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

A friend of mine wrote in, maybe we should do the same? Strength in numbers...
  18. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

Pedal for Parkinsons
  19. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

It escapes me. It's not an "event promoter" trying to make a buck, but an organisation that I hold in high esteem. I'll find out again and re-post...
  20. jathanas

Yarra Trails regulars

I was told last week and dismissed the whole suggestion that someone would entertain a 6 hour at Hans as BS! It's an absurd idea that would wreck the trail, maybe for good; depending on the volume of people and the course they set. Honestly, not much surprises me anymore, but this is just...