Search results

1. Everard

what are the best trails in Melbourne - top ten. Moving to the big city from Perth!

Moving over to Melbourne and need to know where to ride. Im sure there are more places and definitely legal sign posted trails over in Victoria than in WA. Anyone care to list the best places for single track? I can then look them up and explore them when I move over.
  2. Everard

Garmin vs polar

Actually not to worry guys, just googled it. It does look expensive. I think by wearing the polar watch and having the Garmin will be a good combo. Seeing as that is the cheaper option and I am just happy to be riding recreationally.
  3. Everard

Garmin vs polar

Powertap? At my local bike shop I can only buy the cadence speed sensor. What is this power tap? And how do you get your hands on one. I downloaded and upgraded the Ascent program and I do like it. As I am a MAC user. Will this be compatible?
  4. Everard

Girls on boys bikes

btw. It's a fair ask hauling up near 30% bodyweight so Stacey must be doing well! Well I forgot that I put thorn proof tubes in Stacey's Cypher. Not realising they weigh so much.. Since then I have upgraded her bike to XT wheel set, tubeless Crossmax and Larsens and upgraded her cassette...
  5. Everard

Garmin vs polar

I have just upgraded myself to a GARMIN 705and was wondering on the accuracy of the device. I have a POLAR RS800CX. So both top of the line products. From my understanding Polar are a specific heart rate monitor company Garmin are a GPS company. I wonder why GARMIN want to know bike...
  6. Everard

GARMIN VS POLAR data?

I have just upgraded myself to a GARMIN and was wondering on the accuracy of the device. From my understanding Polar are a specific heart rate monitor company Garmin are a GPS company. I wonder why GARMIN want to know bike weight, do they consider body weight? as well as age and heart...
  7. Everard

Niner R.I.P.

Ha hahahahaha. I must admit I do like your Niner RIP. That is more your Stallion. The intense is more the Clydesdale and the Salsa, unfortunately is the Donkey. However there is noble religious nostalgia to being on a Donkey for commuting. Wait a minute.........In a round about way. Have I...
  8. Everard

What's the best 4-5 inch travel steed?

My first bike was a Blur LT and I loved it. However I didn't really know what to compare it too. Then I couldn't believe my luck. The local bike shop was selling a PIVOT Mach 4 XT build for 5k. As our economy was a bit stale they were letting it go for 2k discount. So I bought it. Next...
  9. Everard

First PIVOT firebird here in WA! So I had to PIMP IT!

3rd Ride Ok now I am seriously in love with this bike! Took it to Jarrahdale and decided to do some loops to check out the course for the 12 hour enduro race. I would the reservoir back all the way to the -ve so it is pure linear shock absorbtion and put 150psi in there. Kept my main chamber...
  10. Everard

Ride number 2 Felt a lot more comfortable on the Firebird this time around. Bombing on the fast flowing single track and throw some descents in there too. And I am loving it. On the uphills and technical stuff I found winding up the progressive reservoir all the way a mistake. It was a much...
  11. Everard

Hey mate, yes I can give you all the information you need and photos. I will private message you. Chad
  12. Everard

Niner R.I.P.

13. Everard

Well to really confess I am also on a diet and wanting to get down to 95 kilos! haha. I was there last year and am riding hard to get there soon. Trouble is I am still fit to go for 5-6 hour epics. But I just chow the house down after! So I hope I dont have to resort to a coil shock. And...
  14. Everard

Hey mate, nice bike yourself! Yes I did see another mates bike with that setup. I will think about it in the future. However my nice carbon chain ring and cranks all match at the moment with the black and gold and they look so sweet! I figure I will perservere and let the bike change the way...
  15. Everard

Truvativ XC Carbon Cranks ( Gold Nugget ) Elixer CR Brake kit Ignitor on the front 2.35 and Crossmark on the back 2.1 XO rear derailleur and cassette (Gold Nugget) Dura-race chain XO trigger set carbon (Gold Nugget) Chris King head set Gold hadley Hubs Pro lock brass nipples Champion silver...
  16. Everard

Crank please tell me what you did! Yeah according to Pivot the Mach 4 is 12.8 but the Firebird is 13.85. So you are right. Just over 1 inch. So maybe I have not got the sag right? I am running a DHX on the back as you can see. I am 105 kilos and right now I have about 260psi in it. I just...
  17. Everard

I have to say, went out for my next night ride with the 90mm stem, I had a mate that had one so the trial was definitely a cheap one. And felt much better on the cornering and the climbs. However i dont want to lose the characteristics of the bike and what its purpose is for. So I think I...
  18. Everard

You may have built it, but I chose the parts from what I can remember! haha
  19. Everard

Sorry Peeps, just been working all day and then went out night riding. Going to do the same 2moro, just working out little minor adjustments and getting used to the beast. My other bike is a Pivot Mach4, so this is a major change. First thing I really want to do is change the stem from a 60mm...