Search results

1. B

Adjustable Seat Posts

Big shout to all the Als at Pushie Had a knackered cartridge in a lev seat post with about 2yrs of action, a couple of texts and emails for directions, dropped it off on sat, repaired under warranty, wacked back in the post back to the bush on Monday got it Wednesday, ready for action Thursday...
  2. B

Tyres for Mt Stromlo

magic mary front high roller rear is what i ran recently, worked pretty well
  3. B

2009 dh world championships stromlo

World champ road trip Yeah!!! Ahhhh the memories, What a balltearer of a weekend, the first time I took the young fella to watch dh, camped in the back of the wagon at the track, a few beers, meat, cheese. Rennie on the makulu, Pete getting the crown, how good was it. Still got the hat in...
  4. B

I drank the big wheel cool-aid and I likey, The mighty WFO

Cheers checkpont22, Yeah she climbs well, point it up and chug away. One thing I did was put a CKing headset in, couldn't believe the difference in front end stiffness it made over the stock standard cheapo I put in when I built her up, well worth the coin
  5. B

New wheels for camber evo 29"

hope pro2 laced to mavic en821 Ive been rockin these for about 5mths on the niner wfo, they have stood up to 95kg-6ft1 dh punishment well and can be had from merlin fairly cheap for 600/700ish?. Finding tubless tyres that last with the local shaily/sharp rocks, different story.
  6. B

Cheers, geowise-160 front, 155 rear, HA 66.5, wheelbase 1190, chain stay 443, SA 74 Its bloody good fun to ride and puts a smile on my dial every time i get the big girl in the air, climbs good if you got the legs but down the hill -YEEHAH!
  7. B

She climbs Good I built her up about 4 mths ago, was doing some downhill runs and had an off, busted collar bone, finally got plenty of time to post her up. Upgrades, maybe get one of those 42t cassette extender jobies, and some saint brakes and a cc dbair for a bit more tun-ability. It rides...
  8. B

I decided to get a new sled something a bit more suited for general trail riding, the makulu bike gets a bit heavy after a while. Up, down (about as much fun as the dh bike) and sideways the niner WFO is one balltearer of a bike, one bloke said to me the monster truck of mtb? It was a toss up...
  9. B

Spring for a DHX 5.0 10.5x3.5

Nitro01, I'm about 100kegs when kitted up and run a 275lb spring on a bos stoy at about 40% sag, I flog the bike pretty hard and bottom out semi regularly on some of the bigger hits. Depends on how much HSC damping and rebound you run as well as the tune of the shock. I chose the spring for sag...
  10. B

Rock Shox 30W fork oil

Well said Brad, I serviced my pikes about a month ago after about 20hrs, I couldn't find the rs 0w30 fluid so found some synthetic moto fork oil of a bit lighter viscosity (Lucas 15w). Did the same thing added 10-15 ml to each of the lowers and used slick honey on the air piston with about...
  11. B

DH Morewood Makulu build [in progress]

Crank length? Interesting, I have the same bike, I've got 175mm cranks and find them to be a good length. I run mallets and sag at about 40%, not to many pedal strikes but I think it's got more to do with foot position being more or less parallel to the ground . 5 mm does make a difference when...
  12. B

Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

Good show looking forward to it, the youngfella and the oldman will pushing the big girls around, the big DH sleds,8 and abit inches of comfort Yeah thats were its AT, c'mon legs.
  13. B

Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

Camping at the track whats the go? thinking of heading up saturday and making a weekend out of it. Is there any area to roll out a swag cheers
  14. B

Bos Stoy spring rubbing frame

i tried a fox spring as its od doesnt change along its lenth as the bos ones do cheers
  15. B

Bos Stoy spring rubbing frame

Burners, I have a makulu and bos spring rubs frame were it goes through downtube, can you get smaller OD bos springs or use a fox spring on a bos shock? Has anyone experienced this or can see any issues, cheers.
  16. B

Hawaii, Oahu. Trails, tours, hire..??

Maui, Haleakala, absolute balltearer of a ride Was there 12mths ago, hired a transition blindside from crater cycles and headed for the top of haleakala and sent it down skyline trail(top half twice got lost!!, walking back up the volcano with a 20kg bike @ 10000ft and thin air, testing). Epic...
  17. B

dhx rc4 boost valve?

Spring maybe higher than rated with a 350lb spring & +1 preload i get about 28mm of sag when standing in a neutral position the leverage ratio is 2.7-1 (i think) after some beer and a bit more tinkering (beer and suspension:bounce: a very good combo) i ended up with hsc-6, lsc-9, reb-6 180psi...
  18. B

dhx rc4 boost valve?

WOW fingers of lightning!!http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/images/smilies/2012/target. well done mate 1 paragraph caught my attention "Lets assume you have the right spring rate and set the HSC and LSC and rebound up correctly as these are the simple ones. If you find our are using too much...
  19. B

dhx rc4 boost valve?

its to hot to ride so i started fooling around with pressure adjustments and bottom out knob, my questions are- 1 does increasing chamber pressure increase compression damping throughout the stroke, and decreasing the chamber size will this increase the progression of this damping? 2...
  20. B

So you dropped your Granny

send her packin!! man up and get into it, i sent her off 4 yrs ago when i busted the reign and got an izimu (8" of pure comfort) I never looked back 36,-11-34, e13 srs or on the occasion 32,-11-34 i find 32 you spin out to easy on long downhills, 36 is good but a bit hard on super steep...