Search results

1. S

DH stuff. bars, sram shifter, guide, boxxer DM stem.

bars: gotta be low rise. doesn't matter if they're cut as long as they're at least 680mm wide and decent quality (holzfellers or whatever). shifter: any sram 9 speed rear shifter. don't care if it looks ugly, so long as it's mechanically sound. guide: need an E13 iscg 05 mount guide. that's...
  2. S

any maths nerds on farkin? re; lagrangians. solving functions subject to constraints

before i begin, yes i've rummaged through the textbook and yes i've tried wolfram & wolfram alpha. long story short, maths isn't my strong suit. i can learn it enough to get through things, but i'm in no way a natural, and i've gotten stuck with a lagrangian question. the question is as...
  3. S

this guy is my hero

don't know how many of you have seen this vid yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEFWDYB0rWo but this guy is an absolute champion and i just thought i would share it with everyone as a pick-me-up. :)
  4. S

any teachers on farkin?

reason i ask is i'm contemplating doing a master of teaching and teaching at college level. my concern is about pay rates. looking @ the various states, i can find the pay schedules for primary and secondary teachers. i'm not sure if college is covered under secondary or not. the thing with...
  5. S

recommend me a track car

so everyone i have a dillemma. currently have a supercharged impreza RS which i've had forever (think speed equivalent of 06-07 wrx) and it's not fast enough. nowhere near it. i've got around 170kw and 360nm of torque, stripped around 100kg out of it and it feels like i'm driving a daihatsu...
  6. S

five hundred thousand attempt to overthrow goverment in cairo

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ check it out. background info: president of 30 years not all that popular anymore. has had a lot of plain clothed "informants" in the public, known as thugs have been confirmed to have murdered at least 3 people, god knows how many unconfirmed. public...
  7. S

cash splurgers - tell your stories here

in contrast to the tightass thread (which does nothing but make me rage) i thought i'd start a "i'm not some fucking scrooge dickhead" thread. i'll start: i took my mates into town to get smashed, and charged them NO fuel money because i can afford $4. fancy that!
  8. S

the thread where myself, johnny, and some other people bang on about china

for starters, i think i should post a thread template. *statement of opinion, posted as fact* *counter-opinion* *suggestion that the opposing party doesn't know what they are talking about* *recommendation that opposing party leaves thread* *TROLL* NB: the first and final...
  9. S

what is your song ?

You are the last one left. Your allies are all dead, you are injured, your armour is badly damaged. As far as you can see, they swarm; a screaming, destructive force of Biblical proportions. They annihilated it all, and you are the only thing left. They’re all coming for you now. The earth...