Search results

1. D

Shimano XC70 versus XC61

Had some XC70's for ~2 months now. I previously had some low-end SPDs with a plastic sole. Purchased the XC70's as I was happy with the same custom-fit tech on my road SPD-SL shoes. Have only used them in two cyclocross races and a couple of quick rides on the MTB. I cannot really comment on...
  2. D

Post your 29er!

Been a while since I posted here. Decided it was time for a change from my old Giant Reign and picked up a 2014 XTC Adv SL1 the other week. Having spent the last few years getting into road cycling, it influenced my decision to buy something better suited to riding longer distances, and the...
  3. D

Post your Roadie

Quick pic from today. Having had a Defy for a year or so, I figured it was time for an upgrade.
  4. D

WA SOLD - Elixir 5 Brakset (including 2 x160mm rotors, 1 x 185mm rotor)

'Sold' and 'Sold, Pending payment' are two different things in my eyes. SOLD now.
  5. D

Bump. Genuine buyers please. I've already wasted my time this week replying to a PM with my bank details and boxed up, only to find no payment and no response to follow up PMs (despite the user showing as been online on a number of occasions). Prefer to sell to someone who does not have a...
  6. D

. SOLD . . . . . . . . .Item: Avid Elixir 5 brakeset including; -2x 160mm rotors -1x 185mm rotor -IS mounts to suit (front and rear 160mm, front 185mm) -All mounting hardware, and some random Jagwire hose parts Location: Perth Item Condition: I purchased these a few years...
  7. D

Not happy with insurance repair offer. What are my options?

This is where insurers instruct repairers to cut corners and take shortcuts to save a bit of money. Had some rear quarter damage on my car. I never saw what the repair bill was, but after two return visits, I'd be willing to bet it cost more than the "agreed value" of my car. Upon collection...
  8. D

Post your Roadie

Felt an urge to get something half decent for general fitness and longer rides when I can't be arsed making a ~2hr round trip to the trails. Previously I was getting around on one my my old hardtails I built up from spares (SLX/XT bits, flat bars, slicks, ebay/China rigid carbon forks). So I got...
  9. D

WA SOLD - Maxxis Ignitor 2.3" UST Tyre

***SOLD*** Item: Maxxis Ignitor 2.3" LUST Tyre Location: Perth, northern suburbs. Condition: Used for half a dozen ~20km rides - loose over hard pack/pea gravel. No tears in sidewalls etc. Only been run with a tube. Reason for Selling: Not to my liking - purchased in haste, I don't...
  10. D

SOLD / SRAM PG970 Cassette (11-34T)

SOLD . . . . . Item: SRAM PG970 Cassette, 11-34T Location: Perth, northern suburbs. Condition: Used, I estimate upto 1000km use (new chain fitted around half it's time on the bike). Was still shifting like new before I fitted a lighter PG990 cassette on. You will notice some...
  11. D

Hostels in Perth???

What Dan said... There are things I can't stand about our city (cashed up bogans, and how expensive things can be - housing, and eating/drinking out)...but every city has it's negatives. On several occasions I've contemplated on moving to Melbourne, but a good job, friends, our nice...
  12. D

help mounting derailer

Suggest fitting a new cable too...that looks pretty butchered in the image.
  13. D

COMPUTER HELP MEGATHREAD - ask questions and offer solutions here!!!

My money is on drive failing. Under warranty? You can check by throwing the system tag into Dell's website. http://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/audhs1?c=au&s=dhs&cs=audhs1&l=en If so, call Dell...they will ask you to run through all the diagnostics (even if you've already done them, it...
  14. D

An Open Letter To Chain Reaction Cycles

This. As an example, why would I pay $289 for a Thomson stem at a local store when I can get it for ~$90 online? I realise there are two things to consider, one being that the shop has their overheads to pay - wages, rent, bills, a small profit for themselves and pricing is set by the...
  15. D

Giant Reign, Needing some advice

Nope. It's an e13 G-ring. made specifically for single ring setups up front. Not advisable to use existing chainrings for a 1x setup as they have ramped teeth.
  16. D

Giant Reign, Needing some advice

Running a 1x9 Setup on an older Reign here. 34T front, 32-11 rear. e13 XCX guide. (Chainring, guide and bolts set me back a little under $100) The only time I spin out is on a 400m sealed road back to the carpark from a trail.
  17. D

Heart Rate Monitors

- - - - - - - - - -
  18. D

Reign (and others) - Bike Diary.

- - - - - - - - - -