WA SOLD - Elixir 5 Brakset (including 2 x160mm rotors, 1 x 185mm rotor)

dmwill

Likes Dirt
SOLD
.Item: Avid Elixir 5 brakeset including;
-2x 160mm rotors
-1x 185mm rotor
-IS mounts to suit (front and rear 160mm, front 185mm)
-All mounting hardware, and some random Jagwire hose parts

Item Condition: I purchased these a few years back from a dodgy ebay seller (China based)...although they were claimed to be new, the serial numbers had been scratched off as per images below, also the surfaces where the concave/convex washers sit on had been filed down a bit. Bit strange, but obviously never affected the brakes. The pad retaining bolt for the rear caliper was seized a few months back and required removal with a Dremel, I've since used a spilt pin to retain them (just like lower end Shimanos). The threaded insert on the caliperis fine, so you might be able to find a replacement if you wish.

Reason for selling: Upgraded to XT

Price and price conditions: $100 incl shipping, or $80 pickup. (Paypal, direct deposit or cash on pickup)

Extra Info: Hoses have been trimmed. Front 820mm, Rear 1040mm.

Pictures:

As per notes above:

Last edited:

dmwill

Likes Dirt
Bump.

Genuine buyers please. I've already wasted my time this week replying to a PM with my bank details and boxed up, only to find no payment and no response to follow up PMs (despite the user showing as been online on a number of occasions).

Prefer to sell to someone who does not have a zero post count - it indicates to me that you're not a time waster.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump.

Genuine buyers please. I've already wasted my time this week replying to a PM with my bank details and boxed up, only to find no payment and no response to follow up PMs (despite the user showing as been online on a number of occasions).

Prefer to sell to someone who does not have a zero post count - it indicates to me that you're not a time waster.
If they are sold, it would be great to change title to SOLD, so you don't waste every one's time reading thru your add.....