Search results

1. krizbike

How do you push yourself?

I think the first piece of advice was the best - it's all about fun. One thing I love about MTB that I don't get when I road ride is that it's a continual experience of small victories. Every corner a challenge. Every rock or drop a challenge. Can I do it faster? Can I go a different way? Jump...
  2. krizbike

Post Your XC Machine

Love that Cube - crazy bling look to it. My gf just said "looks like a road bike". I think that's a compliment. Yeah, that GT has pretty limited clearance with 650b wheels! I'd be worried about a rock or stick jamming and making a horrid mess of your day. Super light though - lovely. :) Chris
  3. krizbike

MTB Malaysia Langkawi Race

Just thought I'd post a write up that I wrote for my club. ------- Before the race: After being in KL for a couple of days, we ventured out to my favourite MTB shop in KL. It's the place where I originally bought my scandium Fastrax frame around 10 years ago (and it's still going strong!)...
  4. krizbike

Nice raced Zig. Good to meet you, your Dad and sister too. Man it was hot today. Trying to hold over 25km/h average speed in 39C was bloody hard work. Cooled down a lot now. Best get back to the pool before all the drinks have been drunk. :) chris
  5. krizbike

It's been going ok for me so far. I'm nowhere near the fast guys (well, Lachlan Norris is sitting two desks up from me, but that doesn't count!). If you wanna see some gps data, they are on my profile over here: http://ridewithgps.com/users/3683 We just had the mountain climb race today. It was...
  6. krizbike

The thing I'm puzzling about is tyre choice. I'm thinking running Maxxis Medusas is probably the best bet given the amount of mud. I was contemplaing the Aspens for the stage with the bitumen climb as they roll pretty nicely. I'm limited by how much I can carry on the plane of course. :)...
  7. krizbike

Heya, just wondering if anyone on here did this race last year, or is planning on doing it this year. 6 days of racing, 6 nights accomodation, 7 days of food. All for $400USD. Seems pretty awesome. Looks like it will be hot and muddy. :-) Anyone ridden at Langkawi before or know anything...
  8. krizbike

News report: Wire across track. Justice?

The full sentencing info is on the Hobart Supreme Court website here. Chris
  9. krizbike

Blue Dragon 2011 pics?

Thanks mate, some great photos as usual. :-) Looking forward to perusing them all over a cuppa. Chris PS - TMLS1 - you are right about the Tassies climbing. I thought I was pretty good till I moved here 8 months ago and got smashed by everyone! Getting better now...
  10. krizbike

Blue Dragon 2011 pics?

I was wondering the same thing. I've just emailed the organisers so will let you know if I find out. Fantastic weekend though - wow some of the best tracks I've ever ridden. Chris
  11. krizbike

Feed Stations on 100km Events

The Subway cookies at the Alice Springs Enduro were a god-send! Sooo tasty and choc full of sugar! Agree with earlier sentiments regarding bananas cut in half. Rockmelon is good too (but if it's not ripe enough it can cause a bit of tummy upset due to too much fructose). Chris
  12. krizbike

Riders' mantrap near miss

We were just about to ride up the track where this happenned on that night. Some of the downhillers who had just come down warned us about it and told us to look out for the idiot laying the trap. Wouldn't have been as bad heading up the hill, but scary all the same (esp for the downhillers)...
  13. krizbike

Coffee

erm, I think you should re-read the link that someone has already posted to the AIS site. "small to moderate doses of caffeine have minor effects on urine losses or the overall hydration in people who are habitual caffeine users. In addition, caffeine-containing drinks such as tea, coffee and...
  14. krizbike

Coffee

I only drink coffee with milk, but I wouldn't want a big mug of milk bouncing around my stomach in a ride, so I avoid it. I upended a Red Bull into my biddon at a race a few years back and started drinking that about half way through the race. Despite not being that fit, I ripped through the...
  15. krizbike

Red Centre Enduro

ahh nasty - what did ya break/damage? My foot still hurts - but thankfully not while I'm riding - just afterwards. :-) I'm pretty keen to do next year, but I might be a bit broke next year so I'll see how it goes. yeah - loving the Pivot. Such a nice bike to ride. I take it you have the...
  16. krizbike

Red Centre Enduro

Nice write up Craig. I've passed on your article to mates and family who wonder what the hell I do when I go away on these rides. :confused: Some great photos too. Chris
  17. krizbike

Red Centre Enduro

Congrats to everyone who rode out there. Very technical riding with plenty of nasty rocks, boulders, pebbles, barb-wire fences, wash-outs and more to catch the unwary. Thanks for Andy for the Ayup part - yes, I still owe you a beer. Cheers to John and Dave who I probably spoke to the most...
  18. krizbike

Sports drinks . Do they work?

Hey Dean! Haven't seen you since I broke my foot last year! That was nasty. :-) Good handout - I guess the only thing missing (IMO) is info about types of carbs. glucose v sucrose v fructose v maltodextrain etc. I know the 2:1 maltodextrin:fructose mix is pretty popular these days. I've...
  19. krizbike

Sports drinks . Do they work?

With regards to sodium, it's not just about replacing what you lose, but also about increasing the bodies ability to take in that fluid you are drinking. Following advice from a sports nutritionist, I chuck around 1/2-1tsp of salt into a 750ml biddon along with some cordial prepared at half...
  20. krizbike

Aluminium Hardtail

My scandium hardtail is around 10.5kg I think. Could push it under 10kg pretty easily, but I'm happy with it like this for now. Full details here. Scroll down to see the new wheels and other things. It's using the MSC frame from Hodaka, which weighs around 1.3kg. I've had it for 10 years and...