Search results

1. M

Looking for decent table tops around melb

Hill 'n' Dale BMX Park 90 Summerhill Rd, Glen Iris VIC 3146 (03) 9278 4444 https://g.co/kgs/P5ndnw
  2. M

Warramate Trails

Oh FFS ! So they're closed ? I haven't been on this forum for ages but was planning to head there on the weekend. That's really sad. They were some of the best trails around.
  3. M

The You Yangs Thread

Thanks for replying
  4. M

The You Yangs Thread

Agreed. Appreciate the work but it's lost the majority of its technicality. If I can ride down it and not be worried by getting caught up on any section, it says a lot ;) I'll miss it for sure. Was my fav trail out there. Seriously, I would love to know why it had to be changed at all.
  5. M

Bike Cleaning - Chains

Can't believe no one has mentioned soaking it in petrol and setting fire to it yet.
  6. M

Bike Cleaning - Chains

Just get one of these. Best chain cleaner I've ever used ! http://www.ecosafewasher.com.au/
  7. M

VIC Yarra Trails - Candlebark Park (Hans)

Actually, I have drained puddles at both of those places. More discreetly and neater than the example in the photo though so it wasn't really noticed. Unless you and your group is out there every weekend to assess your work to see if it was successful in keeping lying water off the trail, it's...
  8. M

VIC Yarra Trails - Candlebark Park (Hans)

Jesus Christ, these trails were ok for years without all this bullshit. Now one person has the say in what can and cant be done. If you see a puddle, feel free to drain it. Also, calling Hans an all-weather natural terrain challenging MTB trail, is fucking irresponsible and encouraging people to...
  9. M

Scrap Metal Collection - SE Melbourne

Yeah, not after any money at all. Just want it collected.
  10. M

Scrap Metal Collection - SE Melbourne

Does anyone know of a place that collect smaller quantities of scrap metal in south east Melbourne ? I have a couple of 50ltr containers of worn chain, cassettes, hubs. spokes, cut up wheels and other stuff from bike repairs. Any help would be great. Finding it hard to find anywhere and don't...
  11. M

High intensity interval training.

Gave this a try earlier. Felt a lot better ! Cheers again.
  12. M

Thanks mate. I will give that a try. I don't have a HRM so it will be perceived effort. I'm considering a Stages crank if the training will be more beneficial.
  13. M

I've started to do intervals a couple of times a week. I'm a slow diesel wanting to add a turbo. I'm working on 30sec full gas 2 min rest x 6-8 depending on how I'm feeling. After the 3rd 30sec on in the last session I thought 'that'll do pig, that'll do'. I felt like i wouldn't be able to give...
  14. M

Yarra Trails regulars

A quick look through the #yarratrails hashtag on instagram shows who doesn't give a shit about the trails. F**kwits.
  15. M

Chain reaction cycles

Couriers Please are the worst ! Here's a tip for anyone that buys the booklets and uses them regularly. Make them calculate the cost and amount of tickets needed when they come to pick it up. It's always been at least a third cheaper and quite often half of what you would use if you go by their...
  16. M

Chain reaction cycles

We feel the same at here in the shops mate. How I can get something in 4 days then a day later from the other side of the world astounds me. What's really shitty is that we either get the blame for wholesalers mistakes and whatever causes the hold up or the customer thinks we're using it as an...
  17. M

Bargain buys thread

Not really relevant but has anyone else noticed that if you stare 'through' a page of parts on Pushys that it has that Magic Eye effect ? Noticed the other night when day dreaming in front of the screen and the prices looked about 3 meters away. Meh.
  18. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Took the Domane for a short loop around Yarra Glen, Toolangi and Kinglake on some nice gravel roads. That wind was brutal though !
  19. M

Chain reaction cycles

I placed an order on Monday afternoon. It arrived a 5pm today. That's crazy fast !
  20. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hehe... Don't get me wrong. It's a cool bike that makes me smile every time I ride it. I could loose a lot more myself to make a much bigger difference anyway ;)