Chain reaction cycles

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can contact toll directly and get them to investigate from this end, might be quicker than via crc who will do it via skynet who will talk to toll anyway.

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
hhhmmm...anyone had issues with tracking showing the item delivered...but definitely not received/signed for and no "attempted delivery card" left?

who is the Australian contractor for skynet?
Toll have left my deliveries from CRC via Skynet at my front door. Thankfully my neighbours are honest enough.... maybe your package was left and someone has stolen?

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Toll have left my deliveries from CRC via Skynet at my front door. Thankfully my neighbours are honest enough.... maybe your package was left and someone has stolen?
thats one of the worries i have :/ not sure how CRC would handle that scenario...id have thought toll would have to get POD signatures given the value of items and being an international delivery

Minlak

custom titis
My skynet delivery came into Queensland and from the "hub" as it was called on my tracking page was delivered by just freight and it had a couriers please sticker on it. There was no signature required. That was two weeks ago I got the package. Yesterday I got an email telling me my package was successfully delivered.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
hhhmmm...anyone had issues with tracking showing the item delivered...but definitely not received/signed for and no "attempted delivery card" left?

who is the Australian contractor for skynet?
Email crc. I've had a parcel go missing before. They sent me a form. I filled it in. They sent me another parcel. It arrived.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's had to deal with warranty issues with CRC? I have a cracked dropout that im going to have to send the fork back to them for assessment and replacement. Am I in for a world of pain or just a mild inconvenience?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's had to deal with warranty issues with CRC? I have a cracked dropout that im going to have to send the fork back to them for assessment and replacement. Am I in for a world of pain or just a mild inconvenience?
I sent back some shoes that cracked and no worries with warranty

Did however get my folks to post them while they were in Ireland

There is a special form you have to fill in and you might have to send the forks back to them which will be expensive

In the 6-7yrs of ordering things from CRC I've had to send 2 items back to them for warranty issues. CRC have been great to deal with & you should only be up for a mild amount of inconvenience (depending how you rate your inconveniences). Biggest PITA is the time spent getting things back to them. You'll be out of pocket initially for the shipping (was reimbursed the value once warranty approval was given), however I've not had to send anything back to CRC such as a fork.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I got sent a set of forks from CRC that had already had the steerer cut really short. I just had to send them a pic with a tape measure next to the steerer and they gave me credit for the value. I bought the same forks off them again (with full length steerer) and sold the other ones at 2/3's new price.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
I placed an order on Thursday night and it arrived this morning (Tuesday) under normal free postage.

Compare that with the that LBS where I ordered a generic part 3 weeks ago for a road bike that still hasn't arrived. I really want to support the local bike shop and I am happy to pay extra for advice/convenience, but I am now getting whatever I want at half the price within 4-5 days.

teK--

Eats Squid
Not having much luck with my latest order (sent via Skynet).

First order was received at UK depot but didn't move for days. Then status changed to ON HOLD - DAMAGED. CRC acknowledged the couriers had damaged it and so they sent me another shipment and offered a part-refund to make up for the delay. That was very nice of them.

Second shipment landed in Australia depot 2 days after it left UK. Very impressive.

Checked again that afternoon and it was already delivered, signed for by some lady whos name I have never heard before. What?!?! There is no such person at my work and I was in the office when it was supposedly delivered. Reception staff said nothing had been delivered.

Have lodged an enquiry with Couriers Please (who are subcontracted to Skynet) to find out wtf my package is...

Matt C

Likes Dirt
I placed an order on Thursday night and it arrived this morning (Tuesday) under normal free postage.

Compare that with the that LBS where I ordered a generic part 3 weeks ago for a road bike that still hasn't arrived. I really want to support the local bike shop and I am happy to pay extra for advice/convenience, but I am now getting whatever I want at half the price within 4-5 days.
We feel the same at here in the shops mate. How I can get something in 4 days then a day later from the other side of the world astounds me. What's really shitty is that we either get the blame for wholesalers mistakes and whatever causes the hold up or the customer thinks we're using it as an excuse. I totally understand why LBS's don't sell as much P&A as they use to.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Not having much luck with my latest order (sent via Skynet).

First order was received at UK depot but didn't move for days. Then status changed to ON HOLD - DAMAGED. CRC acknowledged the couriers had damaged it and so they sent me another shipment and offered a part-refund to make up for the delay. That was very nice of them.

Second shipment landed in Australia depot 2 days after it left UK. Very impressive.

Checked again that afternoon and it was already delivered, signed for by some lady whos name I have never heard before. What?!?! There is no such person at my work and I was in the office when it was supposedly delivered. Reception staff said nothing had been delivered.

Have lodged an enquiry with Couriers Please (who are subcontracted to Skynet) to find out wtf my package is...
Couriers Please are the worst ! Here's a tip for anyone that buys the booklets and uses them regularly. Make them calculate the cost and amount of tickets needed when they come to pick it up. It's always been at least a third cheaper and quite often half of what you would use if you go by their online pricing guide.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
anyone managed to purchase brands/items which are geo blocked by CRC??

managed to add a camelbak item to my order last night while browsing under ireland/euro but viewed the cart/paid via australia/dollar...

waiting to see if it actually ships or whether it gets rejected...

teK--

Eats Squid
Couriers Please can go suck a dick. I've had endless bad experiences with them...
So I've read from others' experiences, but *touch wood* I'd never had issues with them up to now.

I managed to speak to their call centre today. They advised on Friday the driver "thought" he delivered the parcel (and got a signature from someone) but turns out it wasn't delivered and it was loaded back onto the truck for delivery today. Later today I received the parcel.

Sounds fishy but I did receive it in the end which is what matters I suppose.

Maybe the driver signed for it (to meet KPIs because he decided to knock off early on Friday) and delivered it today instead?

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Placed order with CRC and wiggle on Thursday last week. CRC turned up Monday, Wiggle only just sent tracking number.....