Search results

1. sprocket

Going clipless

I used to ride flats, then spent years clipped in and in the last year or so gone back to flats and love it, good pedals and 5/10's and I'm as fast as being clipped and it just feels more natural, let your riding do the talking if mates are giving you stick.. Ride to Live charity ride...
  2. sprocket

XT Di2 Discussion Thread

Just Incase XT Di2 wasn't enough for you dirtbags.. http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/04/28/shimano-takes-ebikes-off-road-xt-level-steps-mtb/ Ride to Live charity ride http://tinyurl.com/k5luds7
  3. sprocket

Bike Rack and Carbon Frame

I've always used old inner tubes and never had an issue..
  4. sprocket

First look at Gear King (ebay) NW ring.

I have one of these and it's done about 400kms, running zee short cage derailleur and zee cranks with a 11-36 rear cluster and no guild, I ride trails from smooth flow stuff to rocks and roots and it hasn't dropped a chain once (touch wood) and hasn't really shown any signs of wear apart from...
  5. sprocket

Bike carrier

I tried cheap carries in the past, pay the extra and get something that doesn't require you to check your rear vision mirror every 30 seconds to see if it's still there..
  6. sprocket

Fox- is it just the short way of saying 'sub-standard suspension'?

I only ride fox because that's what my bike came with and I must admit I was encouraged by the "rave" reviews in the media about the new 36's... But in reality they were very average performing even after a rebuild. The Mtb industry has become driven by marketing instead of performance, it...
  7. sprocket

Sram 1x11 problems

Just because a hanger looks straight it doesn't mean it is straight, especially with 11spd as it only needs to be a bee's dićk out and it can effect shifting, so maybe get your LBS to stick an alignment tool on it, also use a good quality gear outer housing and inner cable, if the lining on the...
  8. sprocket

Bad Advertising (National DH Round Toowoomba and so on)

There's still an enduro series? I must admit I never hear of any races until it's either a few days out or already past.. That could be due to my lack of social media presence though..
  9. sprocket

Zerode enduro

Their that cheap now? Awesome....
  10. sprocket

Zerode enduro

I'd imagine it wouldn't be to far off the price of there DH frame.. Which isn't cheap but it does include a gearbox [emoji848]
  11. sprocket

Zerode enduro

Looks the goods, now I have three months to save http://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Carbon-Enduro-Gearbox-Bike-The-Zerode-Taniwha,9891/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2
  12. sprocket

Little Things You Hate

Idiots riding the soaked trails in SEQ with all the rain we're having..
  13. sprocket

1 1/8" 650b Inverted 160mm fork under $650 NEW?

According to their website the 27.5 also has a tapered steerer
  14. sprocket

Is trail etiquette dead?

I ride in SEQ and have noticed that trail etiquette has seriously gone down hill in the last few years, I think there's a few reasons, maybe it's the roadies jumping ship to MTB, maybe it's the strava run culture, who knows... I have noticed that it's not the same when riding in NZ though, seemed
  15. sprocket

Whats the best chain lube?

Rock n Roll for me, in the gold form, works a treat and the bottle looks good in the tool box
  16. sprocket

Van or Ute

If you look at delicas get them fully checked over, go petrol if you can if your looking a diesel check that the head is good as well as regular service, see if the fuel pump has been done and that the over flow bottle for the radiator is in good nick, as when they go the dollars to fix is $$$$...
  17. sprocket

Dropper posts - where to start?

I thought about that hence why there's a rubber spacer lining the plastic and tested to see what would happen, just moved the dirt without any sign of scratching. I'm 100% confident that no scratching will occur and hasn't since I put it on at the start of the year, it hasn't moved to date
  18. sprocket

Hence why I made this out of a reflector bracket, stops it from dropping all the way (I only ever needed to drop 50mm) and if it loses pressure again I just loosen the screw and slide it down..
  19. sprocket

South East Queenslands answer to Whistler.

Soooooooooo when do I apply for a job?
  20. sprocket

Yeah I read great reviews ect on them so it's a surprise and the wholesalers have been good to date.. But my trust in it as a product has gone so it's time to change