Search results

1. K

Castle Hill Ride

Thought I'd join in. I'm in Dural on the Cherrybrook side. I ride a Demo 8 but keen to ride anything. Also have a few mates on DH rigs in my area, they're not as fit and not as willing to ride fast without the gravity assist but just as keen to ride. I'm pretty much out of it for a while...
  2. K

Dumb things people say when you're biking/on the trails

1) "Where would you put the water bottle holder?" (was wearing my camelbak at the time) 2) Shortcut through Fred Caterson on the way home, ride past the skatepark. Hectic BMX bum stops me and tries to impress this girl by pointing at my chainguide "That helps you pedal faster. It spins the...
  3. K

I Taco'd a rim

Haha Alex was behind you and I was practically buzzing his tire. Awesome frontflip though ;) "CHECK THAT BIKE BECAUSE IT'S DAN'S! SOMETHING'S GOING TO BREAK!" And you thought I was joking :p
  4. K

8 piston brakes

Apparently, they also have a 16 piston (dual front) setup too... Exactly how heavy you need to be to require that kind of power, I don't know. That and you'd need massive amounts of traction to actually use it properly (I just had a sudden mental image of velcro)
  5. K

Sydney Storms

Same for me. I'm on the edge of Dural/Oakhill/Cherrybrook. At least there's no massive hail this time (yet)
  6. K

Dh Tyre Preasure

I weigh just over 60kgs, running Michelin DH16s at about 25-30 psi according to my pump at home. Ok tiny little hijack here but I think it fits in ok. How accurate are servo pumps? I know my pump at home is a little inaccurate but when I went down to the servo, it said I only had 6psi...
  7. K

demo weight.....:confused:

You can tune your forks! They will probably be too hard at first but that can be fixed easily. Just put in however much air pressure, oil etc that is recommended for your weight and fiddle until its what you like. And they'll hold up to whatever you try (trust me, I'm only 16 and 60kgs now and...
  8. K

Review Your Full Suspension bike here. or HT

Frame Make: Specialized Frame Model and year: Demo 8 (2007) - Medium Intended use: Downhill race Actual use: Everything. Sees downhill, freeride, dirt jumping and even a few XC type rides Front fork & Travel: Fox 40 RC2 - 8 inch Rear shock & Travel: Fox DHX 5.0 - 2.8 stroke giving...
  9. K

Avid code's problem any idea's

Yeah, my codes just started making high pitch (think that mosquito ringtone thing) squeaking when I use them lightly and then sometimes that loud annoying groaning noise. Spraying metho into the caliper works temporarily for me. By the way, I had the old polygon rotors on for a while before I...
  10. K

SRAM XO problem

Went out this morning and happened once within an hour. Aside from getting stuck occasionally, the shifting is perfect though. Brakes weren't touching, tension is fine, shifter isn't damaged at all inside or outside. Kinda confused now so its going to the LBS when they're next open
  11. K

SRAM XO problem

Thanks so far, I'll give it a shot. Didn't happen very often nor did it happen under the same circumstances so I'll find out in time I suppose. Lower paddle is fine, doesn't touch. Bear in mind that this always happened when using the upper paddle only. And slightly depressing the lower...
  12. K

SRAM XO problem

Ok slight problem I noticed today. Mostly just annoying but has anyone got a solution? The issue is my rear shifter sticking randomly. Today when I was riding, I would shift up but the shifter would stick at the depressed position and not return. Not sure what the derailleur did because I was...
  13. K

MDP chain retention system + derailer hanger

There's a chainguide for 3 rings called something like the Heim guide. Trying to find a link
  14. K

Fox 40 RC2 Noise

Nah Tripper, they were old rotors and old brakes and I checked by flipping the bike and compressing the forks. Anyway, all fixed now. Increased preload by 1 click, compressed. Repeated until the click stopped and then returned it to my settings and now its all fine. :D
  15. K

Fox 40 RC2 Noise

Had the forks for about 3 months now. Bike wasn't used at all in the 1st month, ridden for no more than 5 hours before the service and used for about 4 hours since the service. Edit: They're 2007s if it makes a difference
  16. K

Fox 40 RC2 Noise

Alright... Well my bike went for a full service about 2 weeks ago. Rotors were changed, brakes were bled, stem was adjusted by swapping spacers, everything given a once over and bits cleaned out and regreased - minor stuff. I haven't ridden them since the service because of other...
  17. K

Da Bomb Headspin

Do DaBomb Headspins have a loud click? I was asked that exact question by someone interested in buying my rear hub or getting the same wheelset as me for himself. I've had mine for about 2 months and they're not broken in yet so can someone shed some light on this? Thanks
  18. K

Hadley hubs?

Wow thanks everyone for the responses! Ok so if I get a Hadley now it will be 72 points of engagement (still, its double my current 36 points) but be stronger and potentially last longer than a pre-2006 model. I don't actually care about the sound - its the performance that counts (if you...
  19. K

Hadley hubs?

Hey, I'm looking at getting a new rear hub and heaps of people have recommended Hope and Hadley. Searched around but failed to find much information Hadley's stuff but 108 points of engagement caught my interest. My current hubs feel like they pick up slower than my old ones and, however...
  20. K

doing the hardcore local freeride park

What's up with the 1st photo. Is that position intentional? I mean, I think both your feet are off the pedals and you're not that high off the ground or that far away from what looks like a lander...Nutted?