Search results

1. Joel_32

Whistler questions

Depending on amount of luggage you're carrying you can catch the sky train from airport to downtown Vancouver, then grey hound bus from Central Station to either Whistler Creekside or Whistler Village. Cheaper than one of the Whistler shuttles but you do then have to get from bus stop to...
  2. Joel_32

iRide MTB Park Apollo Bay

Yeah they're private trails on a property just out of skenes creek near apollo bay. The owner Mike runs shuttles on some weekends over summer though had been quiet for awhile. Look up 'iRide apollo bay shuttle days' on Facebook for latest dates (they're running this weekend). Need to then msg...
  3. Joel_32

Wtb: Scott Voltage FR frame/complete LONG

Have a complete one sitting in the shed that has barely been riden for awhile due to family commitments & renovations that probably deserves a new home. Not sure if that's what you're after?
  4. Joel_32

Wtb: Scott Voltage FR frame/complete LONG

Original 26" version or newer 27.5" model?
  5. Joel_32

Bright - Hero trail

There's two good bike shops in Bright, Cyckepath and All Terrain Cycles. All Terrain Cycles hire out a range of specialized bikes prob best suited for the trail.
  6. Joel_32

What fork do I have here?

As slippy said, they appear to be an old Fox Vanilla Forx, coil/oil sprung so no air adjustment.
  7. Joel_32

Chromag Components

Been running a set of Chromag OSX bars on my scott voltage bike for several years without any issue and would purchase their products again.
  8. Joel_32

buying a used bike in whistler

In Whistler there will be various shops with specials, as well as people selling used bikes throughout the place as quite common to see bikes with 'for sale' signs chained up outside places like the Longhorn Saloon. Only catch to buying a bike in Whistler, is that its probably been beaten to...
  9. Joel_32

Travel insurance recommendations

I too used to use Travel Insurance Direct having used them several times before, but was just doing a quote for a trip to whistler in August as well and noticed they now exclude bikes even when you pay an excess: TID: "Bikes are not covered even if they are specified and an additional premium...
  10. Joel_32

sold, please remove

Is the frame still available?
  11. Joel_32

9.5 x 3" Shock!

Fox DHX RC4, 9.5x3" off a Scott Voltage FR. Nothing wrong with it, due to the adjustable travel positions on the Voltage I ended up fitting a vivid air as was easier to adjust the air pressure rather than swap out coils when you changed settings.
  12. Joel_32

9.5 x 3" Shock!

Believe I may have Fox DHX R or RC4 in those dimensions that hasnt been used for a while, will double check specs and get back you.
  13. Joel_32

Bell Super 2 MIPS sizing, stockist in SE Melbourne?

Cant help on the sizing question but pretty sure Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale stock Bell helmets.
  14. Joel_32

STOLEN VIC - 2x Specialized Bikes

So had been storing our bikes in the parents garage of late whilst we were renovating and someone decided to break in and pinch the two Small size Specialized bikes that belong to my fiancee, details as follows: Bike No.1:2008 Specialized Pitch Pro (small) Colour:Yellow Date it was...
  15. Joel_32

Demo days are dead?

Trek & Giant haven't run any 'official' days since late 2014 I believe. I understand Trek may have a current demo fleet that they make available for various LBS's to use as required, which may be the same with other companies as well so perhaps try contacting a few local shops to see what they...
  16. Joel_32

Demo days are dead?

Giant and Trek used to run demo days/fleets each summer, but dont think either of them have done anything advertised for over a year now. As noted above, Specialized appear to be the main ones still running quite a number of demo days at present. Info's now posted on the facebook page.
  17. Joel_32

Diymtb..?

I posted a pair of x-fusion forks off my girlfriends bike to Duncan/DIYMTB because we couldnt get a softer spring for them, he had the forks modified and resent back within a matter of days as we were due to fly to Canada that weekend. Needless to say was extremely impressed with the service.
  18. Joel_32

NZ - Auckland/Rotorua ??

There was a thread just a week back with a bit of info on Rotorua riding which might start you off: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?288603-The-Rotorua-Questions-Thread
  19. Joel_32

The Rotorua Questions Thread

South Star Shuttles, as well as weekends they do a mix of mid-week shuttles as well depending on time of year, school hols, etc so check either their webpage or facebook for latest info: http://www.southstaradventures.com/schedule.html We rode 6" trail bikes, more than enough for the trails we...
  20. Joel_32

found marzocchi shock pump

Think this is what you could be after, as per above these typically come with the fork when new: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/marzocchi-air-valve-adaptor/rp-prod19020