Search results

1. S

Who is racing at Mt Stromlo XCM Nationals this weekend?

Who is heading down? There are lots of categories, and you can still enter on Saturday arvo or sunday morning. I had a look at the course on Sunday - what a cracker! Should be a great event. It's tough to predict a clear winner though. Who would you bet on? Smiker
  2. S

One for the travellers

I've seen these three day options pop up in North America. Hands down, they have some of the best trails I have experienced for ongoing singletrack. Switzerland and Northern Italy is a close second for big mountain XC pleasure. But I also hear the Furious 3 concept may head more locally...
  3. S

ABSA Cape Epic: updates from within the race

Racing gets underway from 7am tomorrow! The prologue is around a correctional services facility, with a large population of native baboons. That should make things interesting. MarathonMTB.com will be posting results, photos, videos and reports thanks to Laura Garvican. Daily blogs from...
  4. S

Cape Epic Roll Call - who's going?

This is pretty last minute, but what other Aussies are heading over? I know of Lewy and Hatto, Nikki and Jenny, Jodie and Naomi... but who else? Smiker
  5. S

MarathonMTB.com Race Team - the website has been launched!

The MarathonMTB.com Race Team website has gone live today, and can be visited at www.MarathonMTB.com/team The site will contain information on the riders, sponsors, and a full race schedule. All riders will be posting blogs, reviews and race reports as they happen! Smiker
  6. S

MarathonMTB.com Racing Team: pre launching!

HI Everyone, Some screen shots are available for the new MarathonMTB.com Mountain Biking Team website. Everything should be live soon - check it out for now here! Smiker
  7. S

Australian XCM National Championships: News for Australia Day!

Word is out from the TWP crew, the Mt Joyce Marathon and MTBA Australian Marathon Championships are still set to go for the the 17th April. More information is posted here thanks to MarathonMTB.com. Get entered, or get sponsored to help support the QLD flood victims! Smiker
  8. S

Jodie Willett - racing, travelling and training

There is a new rider feature up on MarathonMTB.com It's an interview with Jodie Willett. Reasonably entertaining. Smiker
  9. S

How one of Australia's top Marathon Racers gets through the UK cold snap...

Hi All Check out this blog up on MarathonMTB.com. Josh has taken time off recently, but is training up for a strong 2011! And it starts with 'cross... Smiker
  10. S

TransAlp 2011 route announced

Hey All, The route for the Craft Bike TransAlp has been announced for next year. As usual, they are using new stage towns mostly when in Italy - those Italians will get it right eventually! Check out the list here Entries open on 14th December. A lot of you may have heard it's 'all...
  11. S

100 milers. How it's done!

MarathonMTB.com just posted their interview with US Cannondale rider Garth Prosser. http://www.marathonmtb.com/21/11/2010/garth-prossers-mile-hungry-mentality/ Check it out. It seems like too much racing isn't quite enough for some! Who's up for a US trip mid year then? Smiker
  12. S

Race reports from the Highland Fling on MarathonMTB.com

Hi All, There are some race reports up on MarathonMTB.com, from both the 100mile, and the Elite race. One for the other categories should be up soon! Smiker
  13. S

Escape from Cobra Mtn and Felt Alpine Assault

Who is attending these two events? I'm keen to get to one or both, but I'm curious to know who might be going, or if you have done the Alpine Classic before, what's it like? I haven't ridden near Narooma, but is it that hilly?? Smiker
  14. S

A rider has passed away at the Croc

http://www.marathonmtb.com/24/10/2010/dark-days-return-to-mtb-stage-racing/ Just saw this. A 59 year old Dutch rider passed away overnight at the Crocodile Trophy. Make sure your thoughts are with his friends and family. Smiker
  15. S

New Marathon wesbite - take a look!

There's a new website in town, for those with an endurance persuasion. www.MarathonMTB.com is a global resource providing calenders, results, blogs and news from Marathon and Stage races around the globe. Check it out, and check back frequently! Smiker
  16. S

HIghland Fling entry wanted - can I join the queue?

As it says up top - I'm keen, just not good at time management when the entries go live. smiker_mike at yahoo.com dot au would be best!
  17. S

Husky 100 Entry for sale

As the tag line suggests really... I did advertise this before, but I was overseas and stuck in a volcanic ashcloud. Anyway I have a family shindig the night before so I can't make the new Husky 100 date. $110 for whoever wants it. Smiker
  18. S

Oct/Nov quality events/races

Gday all Having been over in old blighty for over a year, I can't help but feel I've lost touch with the Australian MTB scene. But right now I may be making a trip home towards the end of October and the first part of November, for a little R and R as I loop the earth (my carbon footprint...