Search results

1. R

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

Anyone had any experience with this tool ? I know its not the shizz. https://www.icetoolz.eu/en/icetoolz-disc-mount-facing-tool-shuriken-e272/a9232
  2. R

Rotorua Trip

Hi All Anyone know of a Co. that does an all in one trip around Rotorua, say 4 days or so ? Transfer's, accommodation, guiding & such like. Pussy mates keep piking, so may have to go solo.
  3. R

Product Review Newmen Advanced SL A.30 Carbon Rims

After years of sitting on the fence, re carbon wheels, I have a pair of these babies coming. Matching them with a set of DT Swiss 350 hubs & Sapim D Light spokes. Rims arrive tomorrow, Spin Dr will build them late this month. They have a system weight max of 180kg, rider, bike , gear etc. Going...
  4. R

Streaming Service

Now that GCN+ is to be no more, what's a good option ? I'm married to the Ultimate Coach Peloton member, loves all things bike racing (even sends me online special's ) & GCN+ was to be a Christmas pressie
  5. R

Soldering iron to loosed thread lock

Week or 2 back I mentioned this trick to loosen fasteners with thread lock. I apply enough heat to the head / nut that you can still quickly touch, without doing a hurtsie. Remember , alloy conducts heat rather quickly...
  6. R

Rice cakes for MTB

2020 saw me getting into marathon & stage races. As a big guy (100kg). with 40 years of swimming, paddling ,ocean race ski & outriggers, I need a lot of quality fuel to ride 50+ km at race pace. Came across this recipe & for me there the bomb. Easy to make, freeze & carry well + easy to digest...
  7. R

Optic Cascade Link

Item: Cascade Optic Link, 2021 Location :Any where Item Condition: Good to Excellent Price and price conditions: What ever is fair Rear link for a 2021 Optic, I'm after the Cascade after market one.
  8. R

Stiffer Wheel, front or rear ?

I've hambo'd the heck out of whether you should have a stiffer wheel on the front or the rear. Personally, I think I feel my DT Swiss 481 flex when I'm " bombing " on my Optic. So I thought I'd upgrade to a 511 or the like, leaving the 481 on the rear. For reference, 100kg, all the grace & line...
  9. R

One Up or Fox Transfer Dropper

One Up Dropper or Fox Transfer 180mm drop 31.6mm No remote required Happy to pay postage Good to VGC Cheers Russ
  10. R

Fox Transfer Dropper

The above dropper was in the For Sale section, anyone know if its still available ?
  11. R

Assembly Grease

Hamo’d the shit out of this & came up with Maxima Water Proof grease. I’ve finally finished the 500ml tub of Castral Marine Bearing grease, thought I’d try something else. Suggestions or alternative’s ?
  12. R

DT Swiss rear hub locking tool removal

https://elevationwheelcompany.com/product/dt-exp-drive-ring-removal-tool-pre-order/amp/ Anyone who has played with 350/240 DT rear hubs know the longer you leave the hub service , the tighter the locking ring gets. Google will show peeps using 1500mm pine studs, wheel in a vice to remove. Saw...
  13. R

Some kinda Shifter & Derailleur

Looking for the above, in good condition please
  14. R

Works Components Reach Head Set

Covid iso has me playing with bikes. I bought the WC reach head set to reduce the reach on a XL Norco Optic. Looking at the extra 10mm on the lower cup (raising the head tube by 10mm) , I’m concerned I’m going to balls up the geometry some how. Can the RB Brain Trust enlighten me ? ps - I’m not...
  15. R

Trifox Rigid Fork

Anyone had any experience with the Trifox 29er rigid fork ? Or suggest an alternative ? Gravel bike, very occasional light trail use
  16. R

Trifox Rigid 29er Carbon Fork

The usual story. I’ve had a Cotic Solarismax for 2 years, then I think it was Beeb ? PYR a Carbonda FM936. After doing the Dragon Trail on my 2021 Optic, I thought a light weight Marathon bike would jump me up the finishing ladder from 200 to 199. Strip Cotic, build Carbondale. After 7 months...