Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
LTIH: The old "30mins click and collect, oh sorry we actually don't have that in stock".

Fkn repco. Ordered some urgently needed tail light globes last night as one has blown, but thought I'd order some other bits and pieces I'll need for a service soon. Selected click and collect from a store near my work so I could drop in either during the day or straight after work.

Still processing. Fk'ers.

I would've ordered it from the store close-ish to my house had I known they had no stock. Now I'm hoping its ready before I finish in 10mins otherwise I'll have to wait until monday.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've fucking had it with bells on bikes. Use your voice you entitled fucking wankers. If you're going that fast on a shared space that you need to ring a fucking bell to alert someone of your Godly presence then you should get yourself on the nearest bus instead. You're not being polite, you're just demanding people get out of your way. You can fuck off. Fight me.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've fucking had it with bells on bikes. Use your voice you entitled fucking wankers. If you're going that fast on a shared space that you need to ring a fucking bell to alert someone of your Godly presence then you should get yourself on the nearest bus instead. You're not being polite, you're just demanding people get out of your way. You can fuck off. Fight me.
Now, now. It is the law but I hear you :)

My grumble is that if you use a bell or yell then the chances are big that someone has earbuds in and can't hear you anyhow. It is more to let them know that you are behind and getting closer but it sure does seem more like a 'Get of the way or you will die' kind of warning. Wankers going full tilt in the big gear on a shared path do no one any favours.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got the opposite last weekend.
Politely used my voice to announce I was passing, one of two blokes looks at me and no worries. His walking partner decides he would rather a rude 'could have used a bell'. Not my finest moment, but I unloaded on the stupid prick.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Politely used my voice to announce I was passing, one of two blokes looks at me and no worries. His walking partner decides he would rather a rude 'could have used a bell'. Not my finest moment, but I unloaded on the stupid prick.
I get the same thing and just use my bell now.
You have to have one by law and if you were to collide with an idiot that walked out in front of you, a good chance is the cops are going to blame you for not having a bell. The number of people who can't read the keep left signs on the shared paths amazes me, and then you have the out of control dogs.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In SA you only need to make an audible sound, so shouting excuse me is perfectly fine.
On the other hand, you are meant to have a bell, even if you don't use it.
As @Mr Crudley says, it's the ear buds and people walking oblivious to what's going on around them that's the big issue these days.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But it's their own fuckwittery if they step out in front of you and then decide to take legal action because they strained a muscle in their butt cheeks and can no longer provide for their family.
Riding proactively in a public place or NP, you see people and kangaroos, I take care when approaching both. Fuckwittery whether it be human or animal, I'm riding to protect myself and the other fuckwits. People with ear buds might as well be walking blind-deaf, roos just doing random directional changes out of fear, both need my action as the approach'er from the rear before shit goes down.
Little miss gym pants, strumming FakeBook, ear budding with a dog on a 5M lead is actually worse than a wild skip. At least skippy can react as it can hear.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going to ride on these coat tails because I fucking hate bells! They are an obnoxious addition to your bike. I spend a lot of time riding on a shared path and the number of douche bags powering along ding a ling ding donging frantically is ridiculous. If you feel the need to race along do what I do when I'm in a hurry...ride on the road. I opt for a polite and chipper "excuse me please" when I need to pass someone, which brings me to my other pet peeve...or three. People who walk spread out like they are searching in long grass for a snake. Have some common sense you dickheads! Old people who hate bikes, go walking where there isn't a shared path cunts. And lastly...people who are all "where is your bell?" I left it on your mum's dresser. You have heard me comming well before I would have rung a bell and I know this because you turned and looked at me when you heard my not very quiet rear hub and when I have gotten close to you (as oer above) you have heard a polite (and uncharacteristic) "excuse me please". I personally much prefer that to an obnoxious bell and your childish sneer just shows you have limited brain function, don't like bikes, and can't find a dog that likes you.

And fuck trail runners.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Can go two ways... 1) "get your fat arse out of the middle of the path and pick a side (preferably your left)!" or 2) some snot-faced 5-y.o. on their first bike who is clinically incapable of pedalling if they're not dinging the fucking bell 10 times per crank stroke.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I used to have an Air Zound. When I was approaching most people I'd let the hub do the talking, most people would realise and make allowances. I used to use the Air Zound for people who complained about bells, or left their dog run off leash in front of me. It was awesome but it sure didn't make me popular on the bike paths.