What does your day look like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Did one ride then had to go and buy a fan from bunnings..lot more bearable on the 2nd go.
Fear not, sweat won't rust the Ti. Anything else steel or alloy is expendable.

Odd that someone hasn't already made a trainer with a pedal powered fan somehow mounted at the front.
Just makes sense.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I got the Ti bike setup on the kickr today..am waiting for a brake lever for it so put it to work. Zwift a bit harder than I thought it would be, but good fun.
Nice ! Grab an old roadie from Scumtree and mount it up there full time, saves messing with wheels, gears, chains and stuff. The bike stays clean and the chain only needs lube every ~1000km.

I even made a stand to replace the front wheel so mine has no wheels at all.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Nice ! Grab an old roadie from Scumtree and mount it up there full time, saves messing with wheels, gears, chains and stuff. The bike stays clean and the chain only needs lube every ~1000km.

I even made a stand to replace the front wheel so mine has no wheels at all.
That's the plan..am waiting on that brake lever and a replacement carbon fork for the Ti bike. The steerer tube cracked on the BXT fork when I stacked it. Was enough left on it to move the stem down..but not gonna ride it outside.
I saw a YouTube vid with a MTB track on zwift where they were steering the bike. Is that still available and is it any good?

ozzybmx

That's the plan..am waiting on that brake lever and a replacement carbon fork for the Ti bike. The steerer tube cracked on the BXT fork when I stacked it. Was enough left on it to move the stem down..but not gonna ride it outside.
I saw a YouTube vid with a MTB track on zwift where they were steering the bike. Is that still available and is it any good?
There are gravel and dirt tracks now but I dont think any steering input works on Zwift.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There are gravel and dirt tracks now but I dont think any steering input works on Zwift.
You need the Zwift “companion app” and a smartphone on the bars. It works, but feels completely unnatural because the bike’s still bolt(ed) upright (and the slow and vague “steering” response). Don’t bother IMO.

ozzybmx

Got a 'top of the Mawson' trip in less than 2 weeks.

Swapped out the colour coded fork and stem for the bikepacking ones.

New Racing Ray on the front and a new Thunder Burt on the rear, valves cleaned, new cores and new sealant.

Cranks, chainring and BB tightened and greased.

Headset repacked and cleaned.

Newish chain fitted, #2 son busted a 1 ride old chain and it was a couple of links too short for his 50t cassette, he got a new one, I recycle the one with 10km on it to the 42t cassette.

30km shakedown ride in perfect 20°C Autumn sun.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Meeting friends for lunch in Southbank. They picked the time. I am a little early. They call to say they are two suburbs away and walking in. So I have time for a coffee, a snooze, a walk, another snooze...