Recent content by speedyjonzalas

1. S

Canyon MTB - Real Life Experience

I can also vouch for ordering a YT in Australia. Enquired on a Monday about a Tuesday Comp CF and had immediate response. Asked if there was any possibility of getting it sent to Adelaide by the weekend for my next race but they explained it was a no go as its coming from NZ, but they did say...
  2. S

Afterpay at Pushys

I used it recently for a couple of helmets and it all went through smoothly. And for those mentioning the fees you will get charged for late payment - They send you both reminder text and emails the day before each collection so in theory it should limit how often people get caught out by...
  3. S

Cheapest place to buy new pikes?

Thats where I got mine from. I think i managed to get my Pikes, along with a set of Renthals, matching Renthal stem, saint pedals and some Hope stuff for the same price I was being quoted in Australia at the time.
  4. S

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Anyone got any knowledge on the apparent fighting thats been going on? I cant decide if its all nonsense or not. Through various comments it seems either Ratboy or Dale got in a tiff with Atherton, and possibly Gwin vs Atherton recently as well? I would have given it no thought but both...
  5. S

Claiming a bike as a tax deductable item

Thought I'd add some info here seeing as I am a qualified accountant. If you are a bike courier then yes you could claim it as a deduction. (Depending on the cost and date you bought it you may get an an immediate 100% deduction). Similarly if you build trails for a living and need one to test...
  6. S

Enduro rigs in DH

Considering the majority of the series is at Fox in SA an enduro rig for dh is fine. The only thing I would recommend is getting a set of dh tyres as they will give your rims a bit more protection.
  7. S

Best Armour

Cheers guys I reckon the TLD is the way forward despite the issues with taking it on/off
  8. S

Best Armour

Whats everyone using for upper body armour? I have been through the old versions of Dainese and also a couple of sets of 661 pressure suits (over the last ten years) and have given all of them away after a short time as I always feel hot/restricted in them. As I now have two kids I'm thinking...
  9. S

How come there arent any competitive Australian online retail websites

I'd recommend anyone who is looking for pikes to go to bikediscount.de I got mine recently from them for around $700. A quick glance at their current price with conversion = 528 euro = 754 AUD. Even if you get charged the 2 or 3% credit charge fee and 20 euro postage it still way...
  10. S

AM Nukeproof Mega Am

Cables will be shortened shortly! Nukeproof Mega Am Frame Rockshox Pikes Hope Headset Hope Hubs/Nukeproof rims/Hans Dampff tyres Reverb post w/ Fi’zi:k Tundra seat XT Casette/Mech/Chain Saint Shifter/Pedals Zee Brakes/Cranks Renthal Lite Bars/Stem
  11. S

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Better late than never. Looks mine sits similar to the one pictured, except mine is possibly laying flatter?
  12. S

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

:dance: Yeah I was questioning my own wording while writing it. Didnt manage to get a photo but should be able to get one by the weekend for you.
  13. S

Yeah I think I'm the same as what the others have said. Ensure that before you put it on you totally wind out the knob before attaching it. Then I find the best way to put it on is to lift the rack with my left hand and 'lean' my right hand down on the knob (Eg the force of gravity should...
  14. S

Online retailers trusted/scammers

Just received all my kit from bike-discount.de and the brakes are most certainly the wrong way round Only dawned on me after I ordered them but never mind, nothing I cant fix.
  15. S

Online retailers trusted/scammers

Another plus 1 for bike-discount.de ordered a bunch of stuff last week and its now landed in Adelaide. Reckon I saved about $400 compared to CRC. FYI Pikes and Reverb posts are particularly well priced in comparison to anywhere else. Pike RCT3 27.5 = $718 vs $1000 at CRC Reverb post...